Firewire Recording From Videotron Works - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 2007-11-29, 11:28 PM

With my 3250HD (I believe it's the same with the Pace551HD), there is no padding at all (null packet). The stream is not constant. It's simply to big, from time to time, for the device to handle correctly and you missed some packets.

With the old OS (1 year ago), everything was fine. I missed almost nothing with the standard drivers for windows. Today, windows drivers missed too much to be usable (some SD are OK, but forget it for HD) and Linux (and Mac) drivers works better but even there, when recording high bitrate HD, you will missed a few data block. When the OS changed, they gave more priority to the system resulting in poor firewire output. When the channel has a standard bitrate (like TSN SD and RSN SD), it's working OK, even for windows (I recommend to test with one of those).

By the way, for the 8300HD, it's only working with recorded shows, not direct viewing (the video and audio streams are there but they miss a few system streams to work correctly, like PAT and PMT).

There is some 5C protected channel. Here is the list :
MuchMoreRetro
Prise2
The Score
MEscape
Fight Network
BiteTV
GameTV
GolTV
SEHD
VIEHD
VrakHD
SerieHD
HistoriaHD
ZHD
and a few others... There is nothing you can do for those.

The PACE551 may have different drivers than my 3250HD so it may works better (I don't have one to test). But be aware, this terminal needs a updated OS to work to with the SDV. So, in the next months, his firewire output capabilities may decrease.

Kaphyr
http://illico2.tripod.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 2007-12-18, 09:15 AM

Pace 551 - Firewire 'not fitted on all units'

I have a Pace DC551P also, and stumbled across this thread when starting to think about recording to my PC, for timeshifting purposes. I too have a blank space above the HDMI connector. This manual confirms the Pace 551 may or may not have the 1934 firewire ports, in the view of the back panel: http://www.pacemicro.com/media/ameri...551_manual.pdf

I guess all my HD watching will be in real-time!
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 2008-02-06, 09:48 PM
Rookie

Hi guys, I've been lurking 'round here for a while and figured I'd register.

Anyway, I'm thinking about subscribing to Videotron HDTV. I'm wondering what would be best to record both Standard Digital programs and HDTV ones. I'm torn between getting an HTPC for encoding or simply getting a DVD recorder. Can I record a diffrerent channel than the one I'm watching with a DVD recorder? Can I still use the recorder's software to program when I want to start a recording (when I'm not home for example).

If there's a FAQ I missed, just a link would suffice. :/

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 2008-02-06, 11:52 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
DVD recorders can't record HD. See the following FAQ on "Recording HD". The easiest, and often best option is to get the HD PVR from the service provider, in your case that would be the SA8300HD.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14099

Please also read the following post, useful for newbies to the forum:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 2008-08-29, 10:05 AM
Rookie

SA 8300HD by Firewire to Windows Vista

I need your help to show me exactly how I can see and record HD video from the SA 8300HD (videotron) by Firewire to Windows Vista. I have successfully installed the drivers for firewire in Vista Home Premium and the SA 8300HD is perfectly recognized . I tried VLC media player and CapDVHS but never I got the video from the 8300HD. Thanks.
post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 2010-11-13, 08:40 AM
Rookie

Question copy files from Explorer 8300HD+ to my PC ?

Hi,

Is it possible to copy video files from my illico Explorer 8300HD+ to my PC (Win7)?

If yes, how?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Jake; 2010-11-13 at 09:03 AM. Reason: merged with existing thread
post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 2010-11-20, 11:40 AM

you can only record thru FireWire and only the feed with no protection flag. A good workaround is to record something you PVRed and Record Channel 998 while playing back what you want to copy from the 8300HD. You'll need some sort of software that record from FW. I'm on a Mac and I used a MPEG Stream Clip or something like that (don't remember), last time was 4 years ago :O

Tags
transfer , video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in