How long to get digital cable, phone and internet installed? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2005-10-05, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Angry How long to get digital cable, phone and internet installed?

Hello,

I'm beginning to be very upset with Videotron. I signed up for digital cable (telemax), Internet extreme high speed, and standard phone. I called them on the 14th of September and installation date was *only* yesterday. Try to live 3 weeks without phone, internet and tv... So the videotron guy came in yesterday, but he could not access the room where all phone cables are because the key to that room was not in the attached black box where the key apparently always is. Long story short, he was not able to perform installation of anything today.

So I called them immediately, explained the situation and tried to get a new installation date possibly within the week as it's an unusual circumstance that I couldnt do anything about. That really did not seem to matter at all to them... Thy barely listened and the earliest date they gave me is ..... October 24th! That'd be more than a month of wait.

A few friends told me it's not normal and that they had everything installed at their place in 2/3 days. How about you?

And if you were me, what would you do to speed things up and possibly get an earlier installation date? Threaten to cancel? Has it worked for some of you?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2005-10-05, 01:34 PM
zee

2-3 days is standard delay. I'd threaten to cancel, yes, retentions will get you an early installation.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2005-10-06, 01:27 AM

Hi There,

Depending on where you live... it can be between 3 days to 4 weeks...
Also based on the package you take the installation date can be different.

I called Friday September 30th...

For Telephony+Illico and High Speed Internet... the 3 together was only October 28th. But High Speed Internet+Illico Ocotber 10th... and the phone they will come back on October 21st.

So check if you can split your installation like I did!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2005-10-06, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

I called them again, threatened them to go elsewhere as it's the only thing that seems to work, and they're coming next week
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2005-10-13, 11:43 AM

I am looking into switching from LookTV to videotron, but I have a technical question I would like to be answered.

Currently, I have 3 LookTV digital receivers. It would cost me $300 to buy 3 videotron receivers. However, I learnt from a google search that the viderotron receiver has a digital line out, and an analog line out.

In other words, you can watch 2 programs at the same time, one on the digital line, and one on the analog line.

Is this correct? If so, I would need only 1 receiver for myself.

Thanks for your reply.

BTW, the reason for the switch is that the trees in the area are getting too big, so the "line of sight" for LookTV's "digitena" is starting to get blocked = bad signal.

- Marco.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2005-12-15, 06:58 PM
Bell Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcovth
In other words, you can watch 2 programs at the same time, one on the digital line, and one on the analog line.
Is this correct? If so, I would need only 1 receiver for myself.
Not quite exact : u install a splitter for the coax cable and u can put two tv-s on. But on the connection with the illico box u will watch all the channels while on the connection without Illico u will have only the analog channels.
Or maybe u didn't got it right. illico has digital and analog audio output, maybe this was the thing with the digital? U can watch in two rooms simultaneously but not all channels, like for example SPACE is not received without Illico. I have a spare Illico unit, u just have to call Videotron annd tell them the serial number so they can activate it for reception in ur account.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2006-01-21, 12:19 PM

hi, i am curently a technicien for videotron,(contractor) the reason why it could take 3 weeks for an installation is when you take the phone and keep the same number than you had with Bell its takes 2-3 weeks to do the portability thats why it is so long, now for the key acces probleme it can hapen but normaly if you can have the key the day after we normaly come back....but if we dont come back 48 hours after the first apointement the same process of portability have to begin all over again..it suck huh? lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in