NFL Network on Videotron - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 2005-07-07, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

NFL Network on Videotron

I heard the NFL network was discussing an agreement with videotron but is this really going to happen before the NFL season starts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 2005-07-07, 08:31 PM

Awsome,my dreams may be answered

Panasonic VT-60,LG 55LW5700,Playstion TV, Fibe Pvr+wireless,YAMAHA RXV-467, .HARMONY 520,XBOX360#5+HD-DVD.PS4
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 2005-09-06, 11:35 AM

Any news on this?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 2005-09-06, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newf
Awsome,my dreams may be answered
I have had this channel its not that great all hype thats it.No live games durring the season.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 2005-09-06, 12:56 PM
sbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalfan
I have had this channel its not that great all hype thats it.No live games durring the season.
Of course there are no live games during the season. CBS, FOX, ABC and ESPN own the rights to the games. However, for NFL fanatics such as myself, shows during the week leading up to the weekend games would be worth it. Hell, they show almost all of the pre-season games in august, and in HD when available, too (though I doubt we'll get the HD feed with Videotron).

The last info I got from Videotron is that they were negociating, no timetable has been established, my interest in the channel was sent to their marketing departement, blah blah blah. Same as a few months ago.

Samsung Plasma HPP4261, SA 8300HD, 3250HD, Sirius Sportster Replay, Sirius One.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 2005-09-06, 02:33 PM

To say its your dream come true is a bit over the top.I am a love the nfl i thought i would like this nflnetwork its so so.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 2005-09-06, 08:11 PM

I can watch nfl films all day.

Panasonic VT-60,LG 55LW5700,Playstion TV, Fibe Pvr+wireless,YAMAHA RXV-467, .HARMONY 520,XBOX360#5+HD-DVD.PS4
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-07-26, 11:36 AM

Nfl Network 2006

I have recently moved from XPV to Illico due to lack of signal. and a great sadness has come over me when I learned that the NFL Network is not on videotron's lineup. (although CS tells me that they are negotiating to add it, I can see from the posts its been the case for a year now)

compounded by the fact that there will be less games on sundays this year, since the nfl network will have 8 games and yet the price of the sunday ticket has not be reduced (again acording to CS).

has there been any factual news we can get our teeth into about the addition of the NFL NETWORK.

thank you
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-07-26, 12:15 PM

The NFL Network games will, apparently, be seen on TSN.

I have it here in Rogers-land and while it's not a "dream come true", it is pretty useful, especially for the preseason games, draft coverage, etc. The problem is that when there's nothing else going on, they air the same 4 shows a day, over and over again.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-07-26, 03:21 PM

I know that the monday night football ESPN games will be on TSN, are they picking up the NFLN games as well? it strikes me as odd since the channel is available in canada. where did you hear this?

I really like the NFLN, the nightly Total Access, the profiles, the highlights, and I also like the fact that if there is nothing on tv at anytime of the day, I can get my football fix.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-07-26, 06:41 PM
sbn

I don't expect Vidéotron to get their heads out of their asses anytime soon about adding this channel (sorry for the a-word). I've been on their case for over a year (ever since I heard that Rogers Cable was adding it) and it's been the same set of answers every time. "We're negotiating..." "no news at this time..." "What channel?" "We have not looked into adding it at this time, but thank you for your interest.."

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-07-28, 03:37 PM

The NFL is preparing to launch a $100 million attack ad campaign over the next six months in an attempt to force cable TV operators to carry its NFL Network channel, which will begin airing regular-season games in November. If the cable providers don't sign up, the NFL will urge consumers to switch to satellite TV operators that carry the channel, NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky says.
-- USA Today
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-07-31, 02:37 PM
sbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigben
The NFL is preparing to launch a $100 million attack ad campaign over the next six months in an attempt to force cable TV operators to carry its NFL Network channel, which will begin airing regular-season games in November. If the cable providers don't sign up, the NFL will urge consumers to switch to satellite TV operators that carry the channel, NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky says.
-- USA Today
That's interesting, because NFL Sunday Ticket is right now only available to Satellite subscribers in the US. So I'm sure that's something cable companies will bring up to the NFL when confronted with airing The NFL Network.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-08-01, 08:32 AM

thank you for the update.

its a step forward. now with the sunday ticket, you can theoretically see all the regular season games on videotron.

It might also be a step backward, with TSN having the NFLN games, the pressure to add the network wont be as large.

I want my NFL total access.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 2006-08-01, 06:56 PM
sbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigben
It might also be a step backward, with TSN having the NFLN games, the pressure to add the network wont be as large.

The only benefit I see from this is that the games will be shown in HD, as opposed to overly-compressed digital cable if NFLN were picked up. Of course, if you don't have HDTV you probably don't give a damn about that.

Personnally, I would much rather have access to over 50+ pre-season games, the "Game of the Week" during the regular season and other programming, such as Total Access, than their 8 regular season games in HD with retarded TSN sportsbreaks (or whatever they call those) and curling updates polluting the broadcasts.

Guess this'll have to do until I can get ExpressVu.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in