Cable TV Outside Box - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 2009-01-17, 03:50 PM

I know this is an old thread but it came up on a Google search whenI was looking to find out how to get the locking terminator off my outside box. I noted that a Canadian supplier was not found, so I found one - TechtoolSupply

There's a video on the site too that shows how it works. I guess the lock on the box is the same as the terminators they put on cable lines to lock them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 2009-10-26, 11:31 AM
Rookie

hello

Thank you, this worked for me
Remember shove something in the whole to cover the whole so it doesn't allow the INNER MOST threads to turn.. then with a small needlenose pliers ( http://www.qsradio.com/Needlenose%20Pliers.JPG) turn either the outmost shell or the shee thats in between..i am not sure which on it is..but make sure there is something in the whole first thats going all the way to the end not letting the threads in there turn then either turn the outermost shell or the one thats inner COUNTERCLOCKWISE/LEFT
to close it turn CLOCKWISE/RIGHT
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 2009-12-07, 11:54 PM
Rookie

So what is actually inside of this mysterious grey box?

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 2009-12-12, 04:09 PM
Rookie

access to grey cable box

I have read the answers in the forum from others who ran into the same problem as I have. I can't gain access to the box in order to reconnect my satellite cable since the cable company disconnected it, when they installed the cable. I use the satellite hookup at my summer cottage and want to use the receiver at home on one of my TV's for the sports channels. The cable company won't come back to reconnect it & I don't want to pay for a service call just to fix their mistake. What does the lock mechanism look like? If I knew what it looked like, I think I could come up with a tool to open it. How does the coathanger work?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in