8300HD PVR Multi-Room...soon? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2005-02-02, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Talking 8300HD PVR Multi-Room...soon?

Now that would be awesome. Being able to watch your shows on other non-PVR SA boxes in your house...cmon Videotron...we want it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2006-04-14, 12:36 PM

RE:8300 HD PVR Multi-Room...soon?

Would love to have a clear answer to that one. I've asked the same question before and got widely different answers. One (apparently a Videotron tech) said all the testing were succesfully completed and everything was ready on the technical side but it was now up to management to decide to deploy it. Then I saw another post saying Videotron had no plans to deploy it for another two years (why would they have done all the testing now if they had no plan to deploy it in the near future?)... If anyone has better info please post it, I've been hesitant to buy the current 8300 HDPVR for fear the MR version would be offered soon afterwards. However if I would know for sure the MR version won't be available for 2 years I'd go ahead and get the current model.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2006-04-20, 09:17 AM

I wrote their customer service yesterday about this issue as the 1-yr rental renewal for my 8300HD is coming due in a couple of months and I don't feel like commiting to another year if the multi-room PVR is about to become available. I asked if I could upgrade should the new system become available. I got an answer today stating that customer service has no information at all about deployment of the multi-room PVR and that they are never told about these systems before they are available. The rep did say that a rented unit can only be exchanged if it's a case of trading up to a higher level of service, so I guess the multi-room box would qualify. I'm going task for clarification on that point and ask where I can write to suggest the system.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2006-05-08, 05:11 PM

So this 8300 HD Multiroom looks pretty sweet. What do you need to access it from other rooms?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2006-05-08, 05:35 PM

Any Explorer set-up box (2000,2200,3200, etc.).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in