Videotron 2012 New Channels Discussion - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-03-26, 01:44 PM

It's the same pre-formatted reply we get since 2010, when AMC shows won a ton of awards.

As far as I'm concerned, "acquérir les droits de diffusion" most likely means they'll get broadcast rights for their french version to air later on AddikTV.

CM-3020 with CM-7777
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-05, 04:03 PM

Anyone know if HGTV is going to appear in HD any time soon on Videotron ? I don't see it listed, if we already have it, sorry for this post.

P.S.- I heard a rumour that next month Videotron is going to be updating the Illico HD PVR boxes with BRAND NEW channel listings..... rumour or truth ? who knows..... but we can dream right ?
post #33 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-07, 10:23 AM
Rookie

Smile SportsNet One

Thanks Videotron for including SportsNet One with other SportsNet channels. It's very appreciated.

post #34 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-10, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank50 View Post
Thanks Videotron for including SportsNet One with other SportsNet channels. It's very appreciated.
Wait, SportsNet One is not included with the four regional SportsNet channels. That was I thought until I lost the channel on 01 April. I called them, they told me that I needed to include SN1 in my a la carte channels, on top of the 4 SN channels.

So now I am stuck with SN1 since I am following NBA. I also cannot remove regular SN since SN is bundled with TSN and TSN2 in its HD package.

I am happy that SN1 is available, very unhappy with the way it is packaged.
post #35 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-11, 09:28 AM
Rookie

SportsNet One

I have meant SportsNet One SD with other SportsNet channels SD. Not HD of course.
post #36 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-11, 04:05 PM
Rookie

I just lost Sportsnet One SD (177).
Will have to remove a channel, I got a couple I don't need. Would be cool if it comes with the HD channel and doesn't cost anything extra.
post #37 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-11, 04:12 PM
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT. View Post
I just lost Sportsnet One SD (177).
Will have to remove a channel, I got a couple I don't need. Would be cool if it comes with the HD channel and doesn't cost anything extra.
Sportsnet One HD is free with Sportsnet One SD. It is not like Sportsnet East or TSN.
post #38 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-15, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Zeno View Post
Anyone know if HGTV is going to appear in HD any time soon on Videotron ? I don't see it listed, if we already have it, sorry for this post.

P.S.- I heard a rumour that next month Videotron is going to be updating the Illico HD PVR boxes with BRAND NEW channel listings..... rumour or truth ? who knows..... but we can dream right ?
I emailed and asked this exact question and received their standard response about bandwidth. Funny, they seem to find plenty of bandwidth to include all of the new specialty french channels, and in HD as well! Worst part is half of the programming on these new French channels are English shows that have been translated.
post #39 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-16, 11:34 AM

The last time I wrote to Videotron requesting an additional Anglo HD channel (already offered in SD) be made available their form letter contained the following points:

Quote:
These stations are not presently available and we have no information concerning their future availability.
Quote:
All the cable companies who offer the digital service have a restriction on the number of channels they can offer because they must balance the number of services chosen with the capacity of their bandwidth.
Quote:
The cable companies have the advantage of being able to offer a more innovative selection of products than those offered by direct satellite signal, as well as being able to offer a more stable signal reception.
Not sure how to interpret the last one. Comparing cable to satellite and not to IPTV seems weird.
post #40 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-16, 11:40 AM

expressmoria - I think they need to change their form letters as the responses are not valid when you dig deeper.

back on track - I asked last week again about adding AMC and more hd stations. The rep I was speaking to said that they have a memo stating that 2012 should have major changes to their TV offerings. I am not sure what that means but hope it means they will add more HD stations...soon.
post #41 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-30, 04:01 PM

Spike HD turned on today. Channel 723. Finally I can watch Spike again.
post #42 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-04-30, 08:50 PM
Rookie

I don't think Videotron should be allowed to advertise HD if they don't have it in HD! I just got illico in Feb, and I'm very disappointed two thirds of my channels are not HD!!! They told me I was paying extra for all the HD offerings.

I would really like to see Bold in HD, anyone know anything about that?

Thanks
post #43 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-05-01, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
Spike HD turned on today. Channel 723. Finally I can watch Spike again.
Interesting, no free preview for this channel.

Looked at the programming and it appears to offer very few original shows and lots of repeats.
post #44 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-05-01, 06:18 AM

I don't see Spike either.
post #45 of 143 (permalink) Old 2012-05-01, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter_active
I don't think Videotron should be allowed to advertise HD if they don't have it in HD! I just got illico in Feb, and I'm very disappointed two thirds of my channels are not HD!!! They told me I was paying extra for all the HD offerings
HD channels are in the 600's and 700's.

Two thirds of english specialties channels are not in HD because Vidéotron prioritize french HD channels, and their network hasn't been upgraded everywhere yet.

Back on topic, Fox Sports World Canada has been removed on channel 119.
Shaw Media replaces the channel with Nat Geo Wild, which is being launched May 7th, but Vidéotron hasn't picked it up.

CM-3020 with CM-7777
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in