Videotron 2011 New Channels Discussion - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-04-07, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressmoria View Post
Once again the addition of TCM and Peachtree TV clearly demonstrates the continuing limitations of Videotron when it comes to offering HD channels.

There are currently over 20 channels where only the SD version is being offered, some for years, without even a hint of an HD version coming any time soon.

Examples include Showcase, CBC News Network, CNBC, MSNBC, TLC, History, YTV, Family, All the Super Stations, Movie Network MFun, MExcess etc.

I guess for now "the infinite power of cable" is quite finite when it comes to high definition bandwidth…
And do not forget all the timeshifting channels. Bell and Shaw give them in HD for free...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-04-08, 06:32 PM

It seems that CBC News Network will be added soon. I guess they can't add SUN TV News and not have another English language channel there without talking about preference. SO I guess it will be at the same time as SUN TV news launches on April 18th.
post #48 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-04-18, 07:01 PM
Rookie

Videotron is showing SUN Network. I have already checked them out.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../18034516.html

Quote:
WHERE YOU CAN FIND SUN NEWS
Bell TV - Channel 213
Shaw Digital - Channel 177
Shaw Direct - Channels 149 and 517
Shaw Cable (Hamilton) - Channel 21
Rogers (Toronto) - Channel 15
Rogers (Ottawa) - Channels 66 or 142
Cogeco Cable (Hamilton) - Channel 16
Videotron - Channels 79 and 679

post #49 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-05-18, 05:41 PM
Member #1

Videotron adds Oasis HD to its line-up

Videotron said today it was adding the high definition nature channel Oasis HD to its digital cable line-up.

A free preview of the Canadian specialty channel will be available to subscribers to Videotron's HD service until August 18.

The channel, which can be found on Videotron channel 726, offers round-the-clock programming including documentaries and other programs on a wide variety of topics, from animals to breathtaking landscapes to the latest discoveries from outer space.

After a three-month free preview, Videotron HD customers will be able to subscribe to OASIS HD for $2.03 per month.

post #50 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-05-18, 07:14 PM

Damn videotron is really stepping it up this past year I am very pleased about it.
post #51 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-05-18, 07:53 PM

Yeah to adding Oasis and giving it a decent free preview time. Summer is the lowest tv viewing period so it is the perfect time to get hooked.

Videotron keep adding and I will be thrilled that I did not switch to bell.
post #52 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-05-20, 09:13 PM

I am happy to see that Videotron is expanding their HD offerings with Oasis HD.

However I would like to see more HD channels of SD channels I already pay for a la carte. Unfortunately Oasis HD is of no interest to me.

I may subscribe to AMC and HDNet once they become available.
post #53 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-05-20, 09:18 PM

I think I will like Oasis as I like Discovery & National Geo

But HDNet would be really nice, that is really the only channel I miss from having with SChoice or Shaw now I guess.
and some of the time shifting stuff, but that wasnt really important anyways, as just have to PVR stuff and skip the commercials, God there are a lot of commercials now, I think more than before.
post #54 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-05-31, 01:36 PM

TVA will finally be launching their sports network this fall. Can't wait to see what they can get that RDS does not already have!
post #55 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-06-02, 06:28 AM

CBC News Network HD now on channel 618
post #56 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-06-02, 07:44 AM
Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressmoria View Post
CBC News Network HD now on channel 618
...and you forgot to mention The shopping Channel on 23.
post #57 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-06-14, 08:17 AM

@ Rainey

"la ligne est bonne.... oui... oui..... ooouuuiiii...... BBBIIIIIIRRRRDDDDIIIEEE!!!!"

Sounds familiar?

Cheers, K
post #58 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-06-24, 03:07 PM
Rookie

Space HD

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2011/06/sp...ches-july-6th/

Will it be available from videotron?
post #59 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-06-24, 05:12 PM
Member #1

Well if you read the link you posted, you will see that its only been announced for Bell.

post #60 of 164 (permalink) Old 2011-06-27, 01:14 PM

Space HD - Here is Videotron's form letter

Thank you for having taken the time to write us.

Thank you for your interest in our digital service and for having taken the time to write us about channel Space HD.

This station is not presently available and we have no information concerning its future availablility.

All the cable companies who offer the digital service have a restriction on the number of channels they can offer because they must balance the number of services chosen with the capacity of their bandwidth. New channels become available on a regular basis. The cable companies have the advantage of being able to offer a more innovative selection of products than the those offered by direct satellite signal, as well as being able to offer a more stable signal reception.

Unfortunately, we also face certain restrictions in the choice of available channels. We aspire to make available those channels which are the most requested by our clientele and it is for this reason that we value your input.

This is why the interest you have signified is important to us.
We have forwarded your request to our marketing department so that your name be added to the list of clients also interested in this channel.

Thank you for your understanding. Do not hesitate to contact us again for any further information you may need. Our customer service department will be pleased to answer you as soon as possible.

Jean-René Levesque

Translation - Screw you, we are keeping our bandwidth for our French clientele and our new Quebecor channels.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in