Videotron...Problem after problem - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-02-03, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Videotron...Problem after problem

I've had it with these clowns....the last straw was losing my cable signal during my Superbowl party. Other issues include....not showing up for the installation and not calling to cancel, requiring 3 visits from technician to install cable, sending french only documents to customers, changing Nfl Sunday ticket package to sports package (requires you to buy MLB and NHL)and requiring 12 month contract, having to call several times to reset something on their end....there's more but I will be switching back to my old service which was cheaper and I had no problems with other then no NFL Sunday ticket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-02-05, 01:47 PM

Ouch, Super Bowl is sacred. But I am sure for every unhappy Videotron customer, there is an equally unhappy BEV customer...even I have had my share of similar issues (i.e., they dropped my installation apointment and made me wait another 4 days). Don't hesitate to calmly let Customer Service know how you feel, maybe they can do something to make you happy...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-02-23, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

called in to cancel when my contract expires in July...those a-holes say I can only cancel 3 months in advance, forcing me to call again ... they are hoping people forget, or their anger dies down....can't stand this company.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2009-03-15, 12:41 PM

for bell 30 days notice for cancellation.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2013-08-27, 08:38 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down More problems with Videotron

They disconnected me completely...2 phone lines, internet, cable TV...in error! They've acknowledged the error but it took 5 days before everything was re-connected. The technician showed up with a new modem, said that it was necessary because it was essentially now a new account (?). Email took a day more to get re-connected. Everyone was very polite, very helpful but quite honestly I'd rather have had the service. Now I have to get in a techie friend to reconfigure my phone so that I can pick up my emails and there is still a problem with the gmail 'grouping' which, of course, Videotron maintains is not their domain, too bad.
Has anyone else had this experience? I question why a new modem was needed. They did this to me once before, on my business account. No technician was needed and the error was corrected within 12 hours. Am seriously considering Bell as I simply do not trust Videotron any longer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in