BellTV 9242: Firmware V183 Discussion (EHD fixes) - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 03:40 PM
Rookie

LaCie Testing

Have v183 loaded, had previously archived 18HD movies to the LaCie750 over a month ago - experienced the USB disconnect problems common to this Thread.
My son is watching Bee Movie off the LaCie right now - 30mins in and no problems!
One thing I noticed was that by 9242 would not power on with the LaCie on first, but is now working after powering on the reciever first, then the ehd and letting the reciever discover it. Hopefully this will not be a recurring problem as I hope to keep the LaCie ON.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 10:21 PM
Q
Veteran

I have moved all EPG and timer issues out of this thread and put them in this thread. The issue has nothing to do with V183 and is affecting other receiver models.
post #18 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-30, 11:20 PM

Can you now share EHD between receivers?

I have been waiting for Bell to fix this EHD issue before investing in EHD.

I am curious though whether the EHDs can be shared between my two 9242s. Appreciate hearing if this is at all possible now with the firmware update.

Cheers.

post #19 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 12:23 AM

A nice new fix; previously when I would press PVR on the remote, there was a long delay as my EHD woke up. Now, it's near instant.
post #20 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 02:44 AM

I have now tested the EHD under extreme conditions. I've moved movies back and forth, restored while recording and viewing, moved my archived movies from my Linux machine back to the EHD, etc...Everything works just great using the LaCie 750gig drive.

I have to hand it to Bell. They said by the end of October and they made it.

philip
post #21 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 03:24 AM
Veteran

I'm disappointed. Recorded and played back ER and it has the audio glitch problem, just like before.

Samsung TV, Pio-Elite AVR, OppoBD, Wharfedale Speakers, Kicker/Crown Subs, DB-4e OTA:)
post #22 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 08:59 AM

I checked Wednesday night and I had 183, I got home last night and the PVR would not turn on, though it was warm and the disk was clearly running, I didn't even have the 'screen saver'. I had to hold the power button to force a reset to get it to turn on. It seemed to run okay for the few hours I used it, its the first time this has happened, not sure if I should blame it on the new firmware?
post #23 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 09:01 AM
Member #1

Having to reset a device after a firmware update is not uncommon. A pain in the butt but not uncommon.

post #24 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 09:04 AM
jb1

Sounds like it was in the middle of a reboot--screen saver does not show up, either one green light or no lights on the panel, disk spinning very loudly. If you let it complete whatever process it is going through, it will turn on. Sounds like many 9242's have been re-booting for whatever reason during/after the update. Mine started doing this on Monday night.
post #25 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I should add that my update did something similar. Wednesday morning I turned it on and found it in the middle of a reboot - I suspected it was trying to upgrade. However, it finished rebooting but was still at V182. I turned it back off, about 20 minutes later I heard it rebooting again. That time it upgraded to V183. It seems to the update isn't taking in every case.

-Mike

Sony XBR65X930D | Denon AVR-X1300W | BELL Fibe | Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K | XBOX One X
post #26 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 10:58 AM
Rookie

V183 Fix WORKS

Similar problems with my EHD shutting down while playing from the EHD or when sending the show back to the 9242 to try and play it from there.

I've been using the Lacie 1TB drive all along. . . . now have over half filled with 600h of movies and shows. . . . was REALLY hoping it was a software thing and have continued to add to the drive. . . it would suck to lose it all. . .

I've been looking for sometime trying to find some info on this issue, then a buddy showed me this site. . . and voila, found the problem. . .. defective V182. . . .

So I go home yesterday and checked my Version. . . . it was 183. . . . so maybe it downloaded itself and was fixed?? Dare I dream. . .

So, tried to restore a 90 min show. ... SUCCESS! Then a 2h show. . . SUCCESS. . . then another. . . too cool. . .. it works!. . . . Also watched an hour of a 2h show directly from the EHD. . . . no issues!

I'm off to Futureshop to buy another EHD today! One for movies, one for TV shows. . . .

Thanks to all who bothered BELL enuff that they fixed it. . . . of course I got the guy in India who told me to turn it off for 30min when I called a month ago! Well done all.
post #27 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 11:06 AM
rdx

Audio drop out still there with 183 ?????
post #28 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 11:11 AM
Member #1

Has anybody dared to see if the the "three strikes and your out" functionality still exists with the eHD?

post #29 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 11:12 AM
Rookie

Cool Maximum EHD capacity?

Just curious what is the maximum HD capacity that the present firmware allows. Presently I'm using two 500Gs seagates in JBOD mode in a NexStar MX which works just fine. Now Seagate has come out with 1.5Gs HDs will the present firmware support 3 TB capacity? If the capacity is unlimited, one might consider the Drobo which supports up to 16TBs on 4 drives, cool eh?
post #30 of 273 (permalink) Old 2008-10-31, 11:29 AM

Has anyone who had a full external hard drive been able to access their recordings yet? I have a full HD here and haven't been able to get mine to work yet (it still forces a hard reboot everytime) and hate the thoughts of having to format it all.

Tags
9242 , belltv , ehd , expressvu , firmware , linux

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in