Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Watch recordings after HD PVR deactivated?

25K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
I will be upgrading my 9200 to a 9242 tomorrow and was wondering if I will be able to get recordings from receiver via dvd recorder after Bell deactivates it. I am assuming even after it is deactivated I can access the saved videos and copy.There will be a short period where I will have the 9200 until Bell sends me the box to return it to them.

Thanks

#6 ·
Possible to watch Downloaded Programs on PVR (after changing service)

I have just switched to Shaw Cable (due to great promotion) and I still have a bunch of TV programs that I had already downloaded onto the Bell PVR (9242) ...but have not managed to watch yet. Last night I connected the HDMI cable to the TV and the corresponding socket in the PVR and then went into the Menu select of the TV remote and selected PVR. Nothing!!! Is there anything else I still need to do in order to watch these programs? Thank you! :confused:

#8 ·
Cavu...why would I need to get a Bell working connection when the programs are already downloaded onto the PVR? My understanding is that these programs are already resident on the PVR hard drive and as I am still using the same PVR to 'talk' to the TV, it should work....if connected properly?!. I have just switched from Bell to Shaw and do not really want to resubscribe to Bell.

#11 ·
Actually You shouldn't need have sat hooked up. because I recorded some shows and had head to my parents place..

Try using different HDMI cable or use reg component HD cables?

I just un plugged my 9241 and took to my parents farm with spare HDMI cable, Hit PVR button on remote and boom it worked. I caught up Spruce meadows and House I recorded early.. But my box is still active.. My parents farm has Starchoice..

Edit: unless new firmware has changed something? I hope not

#13 ·
Hi Chester...yes, last night I tried with a different HDMI cable which I connected directly to the TV, hit the PVR button on the remote BUT unfortunately did not get anything!!! I did not connect the satellite cables up either which I will attempt to do later this day!! Thanks for the reply!

#14 · (Edited)
It is possible that perhaps they have change things. But last month when I visited my parents farm.. I had no problems taking my 9241 with me.. Parents got fairly new Sony 32 Inch HD tv. They with old Stachoice old 401 SD boxs. And I was trying convince my parents to switch to either Bell or Telus sat.. as both parents unhappy with there old SC system.

1) Try plugging with just component HD or try SD cables
an any other tv, Even on SD tv just to see if you can get menu pop up..
2) You should get Error or searching for sat single..
3) Hit Menu or PVR button
4) Could be possible tv your trying is at 1080i or your 9241 set to 1080i and tv only supports 720p?

Just an idea to consider. I bought cheap HDMI cable few weeks ago when I plug into my 9241 switch to HDMI input from component. my remote would not work. I'd hit Tv/video go back Analog Component everything worked fine but not on HDMI.
I swapped better HDMI cable from my PS3 to 9241 now it works. I wonder if maybe you have to reset the box to factories settings?

What its it hold Power on actual Box for 5-6 seconds? another suggestions to try.

#16 ·
It is working!!!! Finger trouble on my part last night in that I was selecting the wrong input source!!! It should have been HDMI 4 (as per my TV HDMI slots). I did reconnect the satellite cables and it all works fine now!!! Thanks everyone for your help....very much obliged!!! :D

#17 ·
Try removing the Coaxial cables now. Should be able still play back anything that's is on your PVR or external HD now..
Now you can take it with you to any tv, without needing it be hooked up to dish..

Sounds like you got to work though. Happy to help :)

#18 ·
Is this thread still alive?

Hello, am about to cancel my Bell Satellite subscription. I still have some recordings on my PVR and am wondering if they will still be accessible after the PVR is deactivated.
Not sure if anything has changed in the past few years.
Would appreciate any help.

Tia.

#22 ·
I've moved your posts to this existing thread. It appears you can watch your recordings with Bell Satellite PVRs. Here's a thread on watching OTA, but I don't think it applies to your particular equipment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.