Bell 5900 code 002 on some channels - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-01-26, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Bell 5900 code 002 on some channels

Hello all,
I have recently received a refurbished bell 5900 because the last one had a hard drive failure. Now I get an error code 002 on approximately 70 channels. Also it keeps downloading the guide all the time. Bell even sent me another 5900 and still the same problem. The channels are all on the same satellite I cant remember the number but its the non hd one. I traded it to another room with a 9200 and the problem followed the 5900 and the 9200 worked fine in the new spot. I have a signal strength of almost 100 and the check switch function comes up saying everything is good. This seems impossible to be happening when switching the two receivers and the problem follows the receiver but after two receivers it cant be the receiver. I hope someone has some ideas. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-01-27, 01:39 AM

It could still be the receiver if it is a Bell Refurb, their testing is not always perfect.

If you go into the Signal Strength Screen, run through all transponders on Nimiq 91 and see which are missing, that might help narrow things down.

Also, would be curious to know what the other receiver is, as the 9200 has been obsolete for several years.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-01-30, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the reply Allan. First of all do I have this question in the right forum? I noticed after that there is one specifically for Bell. The receiver; I wouldn't think the second one would have exactly the same problem but anything is possible. To answer your question these are the transponders missing:

5,16,18,20,23,25,30,&32

Makes no sense to me. The 9200 is in fact a 9200. I remember reading somewhere that Bell was upgrading them a few years ago but never heard anything from them about mine. I still have it and it still works. I also tried an old 2700 I have in this spot and also it works fine with all of those channels and transponders working. Just to add to that all transponders have a minimum signal strength of 97% on the working receivers. 0% on the problem one.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-01-30, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Oh and I just wanted to add I have run the check switch and it come back saying there is no problems.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-02-02, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Bump.
No one has any ideas?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in