Should I switch to 9400 from 9242? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-01-17, 10:15 AM
Veteran

I use both...I find the 9400 to be an awesome receiver...lots of recording space...nice picture and sound.

The 9242 has pic in pic which I really wish was on the 9400 and it does have the OTA capabilities...which I have now moved to the TV itself.

The main thing I hate about the 9242 is that it's very loud and if you need to restart it...it takes a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 2018-01-17, 11:57 AM
Veteran

For me there is no option but to stick with the 9242 as long as it continues to work (9200 swapped out by Bell in 2011). Only the 9242 has the second TV feature which we use daily. The second TV is sitting on high dresser/cabinet and nearly touches the ceiling. There is no place on the cabinet or the top of the TV to easily accommodate a second Bell receiver. I'm going to be investing in new furniture as well as a new receiver when the 9242 finally breaks down.

One more thing. The 9242 also lets me watch HD TV programs on the second TV (480i) as well. That is a feature I've used many times when the HD TV (TV1) has been in use in the Media Centre and I've wanted to see a previously recorded program.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in