Bell TV 9400 Discussion Thread - Page 60 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #886 of 897 (permalink) Old 2018-10-01, 10:28 PM
Rookie

Replaced my 9400 hard drive with ST1000VM002 from amazon.com. It came to $60 canadian and arrived about 9 days after i ordered it. All of the glitchiness and choppiness is gone now. Took 10 mins to install and working perfect.
Allan B likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #887 of 897 (permalink) Old 2018-10-17, 06:55 PM
Rookie

My old mans hard drive quit now. Is there a list of compatible drives for the 9400? His had a toshiba drive from 2014.
post #888 of 897 (permalink) Old 2018-10-20, 12:58 PM
Rookie

Hello there
Brand new here, so unsure if this is the proper way to post a question. But here it goes. We have a 9400 bell receiver that is being moved to a new location into a narrower space. In a horizontal position it would stick out and would require rebuilding the surround. It would be advantageous to be able to place it vertical, angled (still with at least 4 inches of space all around and behind it for airflow) Is it possible to place the receiver on a bracket or similar support in a vertical position? IF so, does it matter which way is up, the left or right side? I see the vents on the sides but unsure which one is intake for air and which one is for exit of air flow? Anyone have experience with this?

post #889 of 897 (permalink) Old 2018-10-27, 01:50 AM
Rookie

jackching, i just put in a toshiba DT01ABA100v as a replacement and its working fine .
post #890 of 897 (permalink) Old 2018-10-27, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewolff61 View Post
Is it possible to place the receiver on a bracket or similar support in a vertical position? IF so, does it matter which way is up, the left or right side? I see the vents on the sides but unsure which one is intake for air and which one is for exit of air flow?
Mounting vertically is not a problem, I have been doing this for years. All the Commercial Head End installations I have done have vertically mounted receivers.

With the 9400, I would just add a small piece of rubber an inch square and 1/4" thick, front and rear at the bottom, to let air in or escape.

I actually found the 9242 to run quieter in vertical, although the 9400 is pretty quiet so doubt you would notice.
post #891 of 897 (permalink) Old 2019-08-16, 09:28 PM
Rookie

Unhappy Help please??

We are currently running an old 6131 with external Hard Drive. Recently bought a used 9400 receiver. We called Bell to add it to our account today, however, after unplugging the 6131 , and hooking the 9400 to the coax cable (with splitter at receiver) and plugged the HDMI cable into it, we are not getting a signal. So does this mean we need all new (different type) coax cable and or connections and/or dish etc?
post #892 of 897 (permalink) Old 2019-08-16, 09:40 PM

Are you using a on old TV splitter or the proper satellite separator?
A TV antenna splitter will not work.
What type of LNB is on your dish? If it is not a DPP then even the separator will not work.
post #893 of 897 (permalink) Old 2019-08-17, 07:59 AM
Rookie

pic of that splitter on the 9400? It is a dpp separator? check if the dpp separator is connected on the sat 1 and sat 2 port on the 9400.
post #894 of 897 (permalink) Old 2019-08-17, 12:17 PM
Veteran

my guess is probably he has legacy LNB so he has one Coax to where his 6131 is located. he now replaced it with the 9400, which has TWO (2) Satellite Input F-Type connectors. He is trying to connect it with a cable tv splitter because people do not know how it should be connected, nor do the people at the call centre know what your configuration is, nor do the people at the retail store know this.

If I worked at a Bell and was the sales agent to Monas, I would inquire bout your setup and advise you what you need and if this will work before selling it to you and if it does not work i will advise you what to do to get it to work. but then again not everyone is like me some people just want a quick sale and do not bother to actually solve the customers needs.

If MonaS has legacy DPP and equipment, she needs a tech dispatch, if she has DPP+ Equipment, she needs a DPP Separator (this is different than a Cable TV SPLITTER) which im sure they can send to her
post #895 of 897 (permalink) Old 2019-10-01, 11:29 PM
Rookie

My 9400 is having choppy audio issues. I only use HDMI into the TV, no other equipment in the way.

I changed all the audio settings (PCM, Dolby Digital, etc...) with no change. Itís worse when the receiver has been in ďstandbyĒ mode for long periods but partly clears up after an hour or two of watching TV. Issue started a while back, receiver is 6 years old for sure.
post #896 of 897 (permalink) Old 2019-11-01, 08:57 PM
Rookie

Just lost pvr capability and recording on our 9400... happened I guess after last nights storm and subsequent power outage. Getting error code 024 and have tried several unplugs, several power button resets as well as a factory default reset. Bell rep says itís pooched and that I need to take out their $6 / month insurance and after 15 days they will replace the pvr.

Reading threads here suggests changing the internal HD might work? Dunno. The drive suggested is a 1TB drive ... is it possible to replace with a larger capacity drive? This will be our 4th pvr with them and itís getting tiring having to replace nearly full pvr,s and losing all the recorded items we have. Only once have o been able to resurrect the recorded movies from these drives.

Any suggestions? Or should I just suck it up and pay bell the $72 this year to ge5 a replacement pvr?
post #897 of 897 (permalink) Old 2019-11-02, 12:25 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
@pondball : I have a few comments/suggestions:

1. Get yourself a UPS for any PVR. This may help protect the PVR in the event of power surges. It'll also prevent head crashes when the power goes out.

2. A PVR is not designed for archiving, it's designed for time shifting. If you wish to save recordings longer term, I suggest you hook up an external HDD which could then archive and be connected to a replacement (usually identical) unit.

3. Don't allow a PVR to become "nearly full". Anything over 80% is risky and you should probably strive for less than that so that it performs properly.

I'm not a Bell Sat expert, so others here may have other suggestions and advice about the iHDD, which may or may not be the problem.
pondball likes this.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in