My Bell 9242 is dead: What to do? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 2010-05-09, 11:51 AM
Veteran

I think replacement units only have a 90 day warranty. BTW, other BC residents were sold Dish Care but claims were denied. The money is refunded and they had to pay out of pocket for repairs. If they never make a claim, the error goes unnoticed.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 2010-05-09, 12:32 PM
Rookie

I have been trying to confirm this Scary, I think you are correct, 90 day only.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 2010-05-14, 10:45 PM

Do the refurbed units have new hard drives, or could you be taking a crapshoot on a drive halfway through its lifespan?

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 2010-05-15, 03:04 PM
Veteran

You are taking a crapshoot that the drive isn't on its last legs and fails 1 day out of the 90 day refurb warranty. There is also a very high percentage of defects with refurbs, basically things that didn't get fixed properly. I hate the idea of getting a refurb instead of getting my own unit repaired, especially with an almost new unit under warranty, but it's the only option offered, apart from buying a new receiver.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 2011-01-01, 05:14 PM
Rookie

9242 will not show any lights

Hello, this is my first time posting in this forum, so my apologies if I'm in the wrong area. My 9242 has just stopped working; only the fan works, so there is power to it. I spent a long time with Bell technical support, where they went through all reset options, to no avail. They informed me that I should probably just replace it. There are no lights, so I cannot access any menus for diagnostics. I was hoping there was perhaps an internal reset or fuse that I might try before replacing it; however, looking at the inside of the unit, I don't know where to start. Any ideas or input? Thanks so much.

Tags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in