USALS just goes to zero - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2019-09-02, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

USALS just goes to zero

I have the STAB HH120 rotor on my 4 ft dish. The SG2100 just didn't handle the weight.
Anyway it turns much slower so I'm never sure if it has arrived or just dragging it's feet.

I have galaxy 18 (123W) almost due south so finding 0 degrees is no problem.

Finding the other satellites is a chore. I can't find them all. When I originally got that 3 ft Glorystar Geosat dish, I could find 72W. Not anymore. Then 87W disappeared, prompting me to change up to the 4Ft dish and the HH120. Woo hoo! USALS. With DisEqC1.2 as back up. The DisEqC turned out to be more reliable for me.With patience I was able to get a good strong signal down to 95W, with adjusting the angle on the arc, and rechecking Zero.
BUT the USALS is disappointing. Every time I try it, the dish just parks back at zero.

The Tuner is the GeoSat Pro HDVR 1200.

Is it the tuner, the motor, or just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2019-09-03, 02:17 PM

Strange. Perhaps the positioning sensor in the motor is not working properly. My Stab 90 became erratic and the fix was to secure the positioning sensor. The screws holding it in place some how over time became loose.

Good luck!

OTA, CM4221HD, 3410 amp, 4 way split, HW-150 PVR.
FTA, Openbox S9, 33” dish, PLL LNBF. Stab 90HH.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2019-09-03, 08:59 PM
Veteran

Are you certain you are entering your latitude / longitude in to the receiver correctly?
Would think the default implementation would have West Longitude entered as a negative number,and north latitude as a Positive number.
But who knows what some of these chinese manufacturers implement.

DB8E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 8way split LG lcd.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2019-09-04, 12:17 AM
DHC Supporter

I know what you mean about how slow the Stab HH120 is...I did the same as you and upgraded from an SG2100. I also zero my Stab to Galaxy 18 and have had good results with 3 different receivers using USALS. Gepsat Pro HDVR3500, Amiko HD265 and my current Edision OS Mio 4k.
You might have some programming in your 1200 telling the Stab to go home to zero. You're welcome to use one of my receivers for troubleshooting if that would help.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2019-09-05, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm quite happily back in business. GeoSatpro advised me to do a factory reset to clear the errors out.
Then!! I put in the correct longitude and latitude for Vancouver BC. The USALS is hitting the satellites almost bang on.

However, I don't even get a sniff at SES 2 at 87W. The USALS did get me both Galaxy 17 (91W) and Galaxy 28 (89W), both with strong transponder signals.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 10:01 AM

How about a sniff of the CNN transponders on 87W? They are much stronger and easier to tune in than SES2. They are on 24/7. You should be able to receive using USALS since 87W is only 44 degrees azimuth east of your due south and 24 degrees elevation.

Sony TV, Clearstream [email protected]' high, CM-7777 30 dB preamp in 3-channel universe; 1.2-metre Ku dish 72W to 125W.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in