Ways to get good quality HD trailers on PS3? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-07-09, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Ways to get good quality HD trailers on PS3?

Is the same format as the download from the PSN Store? Without having to convert or format etc...?

Does the PS3 support quicktimve .mov?

I find the PSN store is slow to update their trailers and would like to find some alternate sources. Especially if they would be downloadable through the PS3 itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-07-16, 06:44 AM

some answers, if you're a Mac user

The PS3 does not play Quicktime .mov's...I wish! Quicktime is the gold standard for movie trailers. Apple needs to get in bed with Sony on that. But they won't, cause they want us to buy AppleTV's...

As a Mac user, I use VisualHub to convert any videos for my PS3. Use the "MP4" tab, with "H.264 Encoding" checked...it's a long process though, depending on the video length and how fast your computer is.

Another option is streaming content to the PS3, I use MediaLink from Nullriver. They are supposedly working on adding 'transcoding', this would allow converting any video formats on the fly, as opposed to converting them first. I hope that update comes asap.

I was going to recommend stage6.com, but looks like it's no more. It was home to tons of DivX content, that should playback on the PS3 without converting. Unfortunately it's not a format I've seen a lot of mainstream media companies use, even though millions of Internet users use it.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-07-17, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.

Anyone out there can suggest any PC products?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in