pwn, one thing you want to do is open up the correct ports on your router, to connect to the Playstation Netowork. http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...nnecttest.html
Also, to get WMP11 work, try this. I had the same problems as you (PC coundn't see the PS3 over the network), and this worked. Took me a while to find this link.
The "second way" worked for me....see below.
1. Shut off the ps3. In Windows go to “start”, “run”, then type “services.msc”.
2. When that pops up go to the bottom and pick “windows media network sharing” and stop the service. Close the window.
3. Go to “My Computer” then go to “tools” at the top and “folder options”. From there hit the “view” tab and select the “show hidden files and folders” and about 2 spaces under that is something about hiding system files. Un-check both of these. When you click the second one it will ask you if you are sure and say yes. Close that window.
4. Go to “C: drive”, “docs and settings”, “all users”, then under that there should be the “DRM” folder. In that folder delete everything.
5. After that go back to the tools folder, options, view tab, and put back the two checks that you took off.
6. Go back to servies.msc and start back up the windows media sharing service.
7. Now turn your ps3 back on and it should work!!!!!