Ryan Howard Named Cover Athlete for MLB 08 the show - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-01-09, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Ryan Howard Named Cover Athlete for MLB 08 the show

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) announced today the signing of Philadelphia Phillies All-Star first basemen Ryan Howard as the cover athlete for the MLB 08 THE SHOW, due to hit stores in early 2008 on Playstation 3, 2 and PSP.

The Game

As the only first party baseball game officially-licensed by Major League Baseball Properties Inc. (MLBP), Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM) and the Major League Baseball Players Association (MLBPA), MLB 08 THE SHOW features more than 3,000 individual player animations, including personalized stances, pitching animations, individual swings, batting rituals and motion captures from MLB players. Additionally, the franchise adds to the realism by including Umpire Personalities combined with Interactive Hot and Cold Zones and Player-scaled Strike Zones, Release Point Pitching combined with Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) and the Pitch Command System (PCS), and the most comprehensive commentary ever produced for a sports title, featuring the three-man booth of Rex Hudler, Matt Vasgerian and Dave Campbell.

Providing players with some additional performance incentives, the MLB franchise introduces the new Progressive Batting Performance feature, which will both reward players for superior performance and penalize them for hitting slumps while under user control. Adding to an already robust online feature set, which includes customizable Online League Play with up to 30 teams, scrolling MLB Score Ticker and more, MLB 08 THE SHOW introduces SCOUT (SportsConnect Online User Tracking), which allows gamers to set and store their game preferences on the MLB server, and then enables the system to look for a Quick Match with opponents that fit similar competitive criteria.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-01-09, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

About Ryan Howard

Known for his prolific power and ability to drive in runs, Howard is just the second player in Major League Baseball history to win the Rookie of the Year honors and a Most Valuable Player award in successive seasons. During his 2006 MVP season, Howard led the Major Leagues in home runs (58), which broke the record for most home runs in a sophomore season set in 1947 by Ralph Kiner (51), won the All-Star Game Home Run Derby with a total of 23 blasts, and was the 2006 National League Hank Aaron Award recipient, the award given to the top hitter in each league.

Last season, while helping lead the Phillies to the 2007 National League Division Series against the Colorado Rockies by muscling out 47 home runs and driving in 136 runs, Howard became the fastest player in MLB history to hit 100 home runs. The record-breaking accomplishment was achieved in only 325 games, 60 less than the 385 games that Ralph Kiner needed to hit his first 100 home runs from 1946 to 1948.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-01-09, 11:55 AM
Veteran

The Show is a pretty good game. I'll likely be picking this up for my PS3.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-01-09, 11:35 PM

Im Waiting for 2k8 for 360 so my mighty Tigers can bash the competition
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-01-10, 08:53 AM
Veteran

Ryan Howard. He's a guy I expected to find in the Mitchell Report.

Is there a 2K8 for baseball? I thought The Show was the only baseball video game.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-01-10, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Quote:
Is there a 2K8 for baseball?
I have 2K7 for the PS3 so I assume there will be a 2K8.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2008-01-10, 10:26 AM

Howard is too fat to be on the Mitchell report. He's just a Big, Big boy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in