PS3 to HDTV Connections? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-01-05, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif9t9 View Post
Just to clarify with reversing a splitter.... If you normally leave the HDPVR on, then it won't work. Or you could shut the HDPVR off, and then go to play on the PS3, and the HDPVR could turn itself on to record a show. Not sure if that sends a signal or not.
If it's a Bell HD-PVR, they do not actually come "on" to record a show. At least the 9242 doesn't. So the above solution should work fine. Not sure about other PVR's though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-01-06, 12:53 AM

I also had problems with my ps3 and aquos lcd. When connecting my ps3 to my AV receiver through hdmi, I'd get full 5.1 on the receiver but I'd only get the surround track on the tv. So all blu-ray or normal dvds would play without the "voice track". I called both Sony and Sharp and in the end the answer I got was that the aquos hdmi input are using the 1.2 standard and isn't able to fully receive the 1.3 signal from the ps3.
I was wondering if other people had a similar problem? Its no biggie but I don't always feel like having the house shaking with surround sound when I'm playing games or watching movies.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-01-12, 10:59 AM

Is there anyway the PS3 connected via HDMI to my TV. Then have my TV output via coax to my hometheater? I understand this can't be done in 5.1, but 2ch. stereo will be fine. I'm out of optical and coax inputs on my receiver.

I ordered an HDMI switch which will solve my problem, but I am still wondering if I can setup the ps3 to output using a specific format which will pass sound.

I'm assuming this is some protection against piracy?

Samsung 58B650-Toshiba A30-Yamaha YSP4000 YSTFSW100-Elite 360-BEV 9242-6100-H 880 - PS3 40GB

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 2008-01-12, 04:59 PM
Veteran

The problem with the PS3 now is you have to decide if you want to output via the HDMI or the optical. I wish I could have it output both at the same time. Sometimes I just want sound from the tv. Sometimes I want to turn up the whole 5.1 system. Hopefully this can be enabled with a firmware update in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in