looking to save PS3 game to memory card? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

looking to save PS3 game to memory card?

Hi, I want to take one of my games (R & C) with the progress (weapons) I have saved over to a friends place. Can I save the data to a memory stick, USB flash drive, memory card or something? Does anyone know how to do this? No luck finding it in the online instructions.

Times like this it would be convenient to just bring the game and card over, just like on the ol PS2.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 08:23 PM
Rookie

In the PS3 menus, under game there is the option at teh top to look at the saved game files there. I think you press triangle when the file is highlighted and then you can get the PS3 to copy it to a memory card...not sure a USB drive works as Ive only used cards.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 10:39 PM
Rookie

USB drives also work fine. I have moved game backups to and from a USB thumb drive with no problems.

Ding! Just realized I passed 1K.

Merry Christmas All!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks Calvin, I think it saved. Not sure how to test it, but I guess I had to have the flash drive plugged in first. Oh well, I am trying my best.
thanks again,
Merry Xmas
Ron
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2007-12-25, 02:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronebouy View Post
thanks Calvin, I think it saved. Not sure how to test it, but I guess I had to have the flash drive plugged in first. Oh well, I am trying my best.
thanks again,
Merry Xmas
Ron
Without jeopardizing your original save, the true way to test is to bring that over to someone else who has a PS3, copy it back to their unit and boot the game and load the save. All other methods require you to delete your original save and then re-copy it back from USB thumb drive. It definitely works tho because I mistakenly had deleted my Resistance save awhile back and the only thing that saved me from starting over again was the fact that I had copied it to a USB drive for fun prior to its deletion and remembering that after the mishap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in