Wii Zapper - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2007-09-11, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Wii Zapper arrives in November

The Wii Zapper, a gaming device that works with the Nintendo Wii, that can best be described as a high tech rifle for the Wii arrives on November 19th along with a demonstration software title called Link's Crossbow Training.

Nintendo says the Zapper casing houses both the motion-sensitive Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers (sold separately) in a single unit which enables "precision targeting."

Link's Crossbow Training drops players into a world in the style of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Players assume the identity of hero Link, who progresses through a series of tests to perfect his crossbow marksmanship. Start with stationary bull's-eyes and graduate to moving targets before defending Link against all kinds of enemies.

Future software titles supporting the Zapper will be EA's Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Capcom's Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and SEGA's Ghost Squad.

The Zapper goes on sale in the United States on November 19th for $19.99. No word yet on Canadian availability or pricing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2007-09-11, 06:49 PM

I was wondering when something like this would arrive.

Any reason why something similar cant work on the PS3? not sure if there are technical differences that dont allow for that. A USB ad on could compensate for there being no sensor strip?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2007-09-11, 09:08 PM

After watching the most recent demo of RE with it, this is a must buy for me.

For some reason, I thought that RE was going to be packaged with it. I need to go back and see where I read/heard that.

Panasonic TH50PX77, *Choice 530, Samsung 40C650, Sharp LC3742U, *Choice 505, Pioneer VSX-D409, Xbox 360, PS3 x 2

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2007-09-12, 02:59 PM
Veteran

I'm not sure that the PS3 controller is that accurate compared to the Wiimote. Remember, there's a sensor bar that comes with the Wii as well to ensure fairly high accuracy.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2008-01-05, 09:38 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up Wii Zapper!

One of the best gaming deals out there has to be the Wii Zapper. For only $19.99 and it comes with a Crossbow game which is really awesome.

I'm totally loving this new toy. The Crossbow game is fantastic as you try to get enough points to advance levels (although I had to turn down the sensitivity and it took a little while for me to get used to the movements before the love affair began). And I can't get over the fact that it's just $20 for the Zapper and the game.

Highly recommend it. If the kids weren't watching movies on the TV now I'd still be playing.

Anyone agree? Comments from other Zapper owners?

Although I must say that the novelty is all because I'm not a gamer. People with other consoles who are used to more first person shooter type games would probably just say "big deal". But us casual gamers without other game systems (that the Wii attracts) and those with small children will enjoy it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2008-01-06, 12:24 AM

What other games have you played the zapper with? Does it work well? How many other games use it as a controller.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2008-01-06, 01:45 AM

We picked one up over the holidays and I've enjoyed goofing with it. When I next have the time to justify it, I'll rent RE:UC and give it a real test.

For $20 it's a fun add-on.

Panasonic TH50PX77, *Choice 530, Samsung 40C650, Sharp LC3742U, *Choice 505, Pioneer VSX-D409, Xbox 360, PS3 x 2
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2008-01-06, 04:05 AM

I bought one for myself this Christmas, too, but have yet to try it on RE:UC which I got during Boxing Day. I'm still doing my "training" .
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2008-01-07, 11:59 AM

Location: Brampton - 20" Canadian Tire Electrohome Turn Dial TV; BetaMax; 386sx20mhz w/ 256 colours!
Ghost Squad is a budget title port that I picked up and it is great fun. Makes me want a second zapper though for multiplayer. I tried to see if I could configure it to work with Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and was unsucessful.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2008-01-08, 12:56 AM

I have 2 wii zappers and a Nyko Perfect Shot.
I reccomend anyone out there buy one of each.

For games like RE4, you'll need the perfect shot (so that one hand shoots, the other is free with the nunchuk).
RE UC also works better with teh nunchuk (especially when you have to shake the bloody thing to dodge obstacles, arg!)

Medal of honor heroes 2 is a must buy and works great with teh zapper, ghost sqaud is also super fun with the zapper.
I can't wait for house of the dead 2 and 3

Sharp 46" Aquos 1080p (LC46D62U). Shaw Motorola 6416 III PVR. Pioneer HTP-2800 Surround Sound. PS3 & Wii.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in