Trade In at EB Games? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-08, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Trade In at EB Games?

I'm looking to be educated on trade in's at EB Games. I want to trade in some old xbox games, gameboy games (maybe even the gameboy itself), and an N64 conole and games. I am hoping to pick up a PS3 for my son for Christmas and have this help offset the price. Will EB take gameboy stuff on a trade??? or a N64 system???? WHat if the XBOX games don't have a case???

Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to have an idea of what I can expect before I go in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-08, 01:56 PM

You can get $200 off a PS3 at EBgames now if you have 8 games that qualify for trading in. What I usually do is call them up and ask if your games qualify and also ask if the consoles do. I am not sure about the N64 console but they have always been good to me on the phone when i call to inquire.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-08, 11:07 PM
Rookie

They will take trades and the values are all listed in their system so its not hard to find out. I got my PS3 for $399 with trading in 10 games at least worth $10.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-09, 09:26 AM
Rookie

Maybe this will help....I would recommend that you look at Blockbuster also for the trade-in.

http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index....alues_-_Canada
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-09, 09:55 AM
Rookie

They will take everything except the regular Gameboy games I'd say. You won't get much at all for the N64 stuff and you'll get some value for the Xbox stuff (without the case shouldn't be much of a problem, you might lose a bit because you don't have the instructions).

But it's worth a shot. If you are stepping up to PS3, anything you get will be better than nothing!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-14, 09:25 AM

EB Games = the biggest freaking rip off on the trade ins. They've screwed me so many times on trade ins that my videogame collection is fast growing to an ungodly number.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-14, 12:58 PM
Rookie

I find i am usually better off selling my games etc. through eBay, then using the cash to buy from whichever retailer has the best prices. Sometimes even when you get a good price for your trade in at EB, you end up paying more for the new game than you would pay at BestBuy, Futureshop etc.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-14, 06:43 PM
Rookie

If your in Langley at all, there is a mom and pop shop called Willow Video and Games. When I did my trade-in last year, I got way more from them than EB was willing to give me. It was almost double and EB said they would not take a lot of the games.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2007-12-27, 11:04 AM
Rookie

How about these online asian websites? Anyone ordering from overseas?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in