Uncharted PS3 Demo - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 2007-11-12, 02:20 PM

Quote:
and lastly the hints where it tells you where to go I found useless
The 'hints' appear to get you looking in the right direction, without directly pointing out what you need. In the demo at least, the hints I saw were all orienting you in the direction of an object you needed to climb to get to (or started up to) an upper level. Move around a bit and you can pretty well triangulate where you need to be.

I enjoyed the demo, but I don't game a lot and need to get more fluid on the controls. I was killed a lot while figuring out how to aim/switch weapons/change shoulders/move, etc. Even so, it didn't take a lot of repetitions to get through the demo - the automatic save points seemed well enough spaced that you didn't have to repeat too much of the work you did to get there.

The graphics looked quite good, and were smoothly rendered. The use of the sixaxis motion sensor to change grenade trajectory and balance while crossing walkways was interesting. I've still got a bunch of other free demos to complete yet, but something like this I might consider purchasing. The video download showed some visually interesting coastline locales and building interiors as well for some variety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 2007-11-18, 04:33 PM

Finally tried this game today... not bad, seems like it could be fun, but I don't think I'd buy it considering the number of 360 games I need to crack open and play still. This game looks quite nice, but from what I saw so far in the demo, way too much greenery!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 2007-11-18, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Imagine that....too much greenery in a jungle level. What on earth were they thinking?

Gord

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 2007-11-18, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
Imagine that....too much greenery in a jungle level. What on earth were they thinking?

Gord
I know I know, it wasn't like it was wrong, it was just too much, I guess I needed a little more variety in the level.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in