Ratchet & Clank - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-14, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Ratchet & Clank

The demo just went up on the PSN the other day, and I had a blast playing it. My only issue - there's no option to invert the controls for looking around. I don't know how I started doing it, but I always play with inverted controls, and it's frustrating that there wasn't an option there. I hope the full game gives us the option - I wouldn't imagine it's a hard thing to code.

Gord
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-14, 07:12 PM

Yeah since it's only a demo i think its safe to say it will have that option! I tried the demo the other day as well. not a bad game at all!

When you fall in a bottomless pit you die of starvation!
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 09:15 AM
Veteran

If I recall correctly, the games all had control options including the PSP one that came out this year. That was excellent too.

I like what the demo is showing me about the game. I am totally stoked for this game! One minor criticism is that they have this quasi over the shoulder aiming mechanism instead of the continued true 3rd person aiming. I liked that a lot more. Also, the behaviour of the camera after you let go of the aim doesn't seem quite right. It might just take some getting used to I suppose but I prefer the previous control mechanism.

Only 15 more days!

Cal

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 09:33 AM

Not really a fan of this game, tried the demo, and it just didn't do it for me, but I guess it's cause I'm not really in to platformers anymore, used to be when I was a kid, but these days, not for me.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 09:50 AM
Veteran

Great looking game, but platformers aren't really my thing. It might be the most polished game yet released for the PS3.

Long live the console war! Buy 'em all! Just don't give Sony any of your Personal info!
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm not a huge platformer either, but I enjoyed one of the previous R&C games, and the graphics/sound on this are great. I hope Uncharted is good as well....though I lack the time to play all these games!

Gord
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 02:52 PM

I tried it oo, I enjoyed it as did my 9 year old son. Not many games that are kid friendly yet for the 3. Hopefully we will see more of this from Sony.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 03:19 PM
Veteran

Whether one likes the game or not, there's something to be said about the way this game looks. The quality of the picture and the sound was amazing on my basement setup. It's unreal to think how far these games have come.

My 8 year-old was all over that game, and he can't wait for the game to be released in 2 weeks. I can't see how a kid that age wouldn't enjoy it.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 05:06 PM
Veteran

I tried the demo as well and liked it. I agree about inverting the controls to look around because it was annoying the way it was.

My 8 year old also loves it. Definitely a buy for my house.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-15, 05:59 PM
Veteran

You really don't have to be a kid to enjoy these games. I am a big fan of the whole series. Have played each of them more than once (sometimes right after I beat it the first time). The character acting is great, fun and entertaining. The story is well written and again fun. The gameplay is as entertaining as any such game with cartoon theatrics and movement. They are little bundles of entertainment joy without being annoying, too hard, or irritating. It is definitely the best franchise out of say Sly Cooper (also fantastic character acting and story telling/humour) and Jak (which outside of the first one, I like least of these franchises).

This Ratchet looks amazing, plays well, and if keeps true to its franchise, will be an excellent addition to the PS3.

Cal
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-17, 04:09 PM

R&C and HotShots Golf (and maybe Warhawk..Resistance Fall of Man) are the only game series I'm going to miss with switching to the Xbox360 in the console wars....R&C is the most FUN I've had with video games in a very very long time

FortMacDude
FR : Hitachi 57F500, Pioneer VSX-1018AH, PS3, Bell 9200, Energy 5.1
LR: Samsung 40A530, Sony S550, Kenwood HTB 504, Xbox 360, Wii
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-18, 12:08 PM

With the PS3 price drop and new models (same price as the US!), you can consider getting one now though.

R&C got a 9.5 in PSM, other reviews to role in in the next week i guess.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-18, 07:43 PM
Veteran

My wife just came in here and told me that this is a game I have to buy for her on the day it is released after she has been playing the demo today and last night. This is the 1st time she has ever wanted to buy a game herself on release day.

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-25, 10:42 AM
Veteran

Has anyone found this anywhere yet in Canada? I have been to a lot of stores the last few days and have had no luck.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 2007-10-25, 10:50 AM
Veteran

A guy I work with has a copy here in Toronto...

Long live the console war! Buy 'em all! Just don't give Sony any of your Personal info!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in