PS3 vs XBOX 360 questions
With the conclusion of the original XBOX, I am now in the market for a new console. I have been looking at the PS3 online and in the stores, and I borrowed a buddies 360 to try.
My needs/concerns for a console are:
1. Has to have the EA sports franchise (NHL, Madden, Tiger Woods and Baseball)
2. Online connectivity is important for those games
3. I am not into shooting or action games (not enough to impact a decision)
4. Price is a concern
5. I am not much of a renter, I like to buy a couple games a year.
6. The 360 fan is really loud. It is much louder than the previous generation. Is the PS3 any quieter?
7. I know that a lot of people have had some problems with the 360, but am I only hearing about it because I hang out here? Is it a big problem?
8. The drive in the 360 sounds like my $30 dvd player when it opens and closes. There are clunks and you can really hear it moving. Is this normal, or just the 360 I borrowed?
9. The PS3 doesn't come with HD cables, can I use a standard HDMI cable, or do I have to buy a special one from Sony?
10. I know the 360 controllers take batteries, does the PS3? If not, how long does the batter last before it no longer holds a charge?
11. Both the 360 and PS3 have wireless wifi built in, correct?
12. I can't find the price for the PS3s online service, does anyone know it?
If I did get a PS3, i would probably get some blu-rays, but I doub't I would get the HD DVD drive for the 360.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.