Internet browser updated for Wii - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-04-15, 03:38 AM

Question keyboard and/or mouse solution?

Is there any keyboard and/or mouse (wireless preferred) solution for surfing with Wii?

Granted that surfing to read news, etc. does not really need keyboard but surfing to post on forums is probably much easier and same for typing web mails, instant messaging, etc. too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-04-15, 09:16 AM

You can actually use a few different USB ethernet adapters that exist too, to enable you to connect 10/100 Base-T cat5 cable to the Wii. Offhand I don't know which ones are supported. Check around the net.

Denon 3808CI, Samsung 50" Plasma, Apple TV(s), SoundBridge M1001, FibreOp via Asus N56U
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-04-15, 10:13 AM
Rookie

Hi!

This is a list of ethernet adapters which were known to work/not work...

http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Wii_ethernet_adapter

Be careful though as I read the Kinamax NT-USB20 is no longer compatible (they probably changed chipset or IDs) and it's possible that other adapters listed as "working" no longer work (for similar reasons).

Personallly I'm using the Nintendo adapter that I got directly from them...

Have a nice day!

Nick

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I have been moving my PC around and using the wii for internet at home the last couple days. It is much much better now. Much faster and now you can read the text without zooming in all the time.

Good job Nintendo!
Actually, it's an Opera browser. A friend of mine did the port to Wii.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-05-01, 07:23 PM

Thumbs down

I agree that they fixed some issues with it but at the very same time they added more annoyances like the new way to scroll. What is up with that! I think they need to make it so you can scroll with the D-pad as well. this new way or scrolling is quite frustrating!. Oh not to mention those annoying sound effects! wish you could turn them off. i dont need to hear click click a million times!

When you fall in a bottomless pit you die of starvation!
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-05-02, 11:25 AM

quick question on the browser, how does it look onscreen, considering the maximum resolution to be outputted is 480p right? is text readable?

thanks!
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 2007-05-02, 02:15 PM

Text looks fine... and with the simple touch of the +/- buttons you can zoom in and out quickly for things you just can't make out.

Other than the scrolling issues my only other beef is that many of the plug-ins don't work. I have a subscription to curltv.com that won't work and last night purchased an AHL webcast on PPV and wasn't able to view it via the Wii. Would be great to be able to watch these on a TV versus computer screen (appreciating they may look a bit worse on TV).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in