Xbox 360 Defective and Replacement Process... - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-18, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
My experience was bad, but you guys are going through the unbelievable. I would try the direct approach. Check out this page and pick the member of the executive you think might be most helpful (it should be really only one or two of the names there). Either phone MS at 905-568-0434 and ask to speak to the person or fax a letter to their attention at 905-568-1527.

Be balanced in your approach and recognize the general value of MS and characterize your experience as "extremely disappointing from a company you thought much higher of."

It is the approach that worked for me.
I agree with JohnnyCanuck. I went through a long drawn out process that basically went no where. I contacted MS Canada directly and they assisted in moving things along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-18, 09:49 PM

Nothing new yet. Still no box. Another call to MS and got told they would "bump it up to the next level" whatever that means. Faxed a letter to MS today. Thanks for the tip JC. We'll see what happens from here. Not holding my breath tho.

--You know my motto.....forgive and...uh....the other thing--
post #78 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-19, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Nothing new yet. Still no box. Another call to MS and got told they would "bump it up to the next level" whatever that means. Faxed a letter to MS today. Thanks for the tip JC. We'll see what happens from here. Not holding my breath tho.
"bump it up to the next level" means nothign from my experience, they did that like 3 times for me and didn't help at all.

post #79 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-20, 08:59 PM

Update. I fired off a fax to Phil Sorgen, President of Microsoft Canada on Wednesday. On Friday the box showed up. I doubt that the two events are related though. Brought the Xbox to Purolator on Saturday. We'll see how long it takes to get it back. I'm guessing about a month.

post #80 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-21, 11:53 AM

Location: Niagara, Toshiba46H84, Cogeco, Yamaha5860, Polk/Accusound speakers, Velodyne sub, XBOX 360
Well, my 360 has finally died. I purchased my console at FS mid November, 2006. It was made in Sept./06. After about a month and a half of moderate/heavy use I started to get the odd picture freeze here and there. Then, the first week of January, I got the three red lights. I did some poking around on the net and found a few logical, low tech remedies. At first I had some success with leaving the console on, with red lights flashing, for 5 or 10 minutes then re-start and everything was ok. After a few days this no longer worked. I came very close to taking the console apart (after a few too many rye and gingers) to fix a possible problem with faulty solder that some forums suggested was the root of my troubles. (I got the error code by holding in the controller link button and pressing the DVD eject 4X.) My first two HD DVD's came in from zip.ca and I really wanted to watch them. I broke down and ended up calling MS last Wed. night. (Jan.17/07) I went through the usual routine and hope to have my shipping box on Monday. It's hard to stay optimistic with the stories on the forum so far, but with any luck I'll have a good one to add. The CSR asked me if I owned GOW yet. Maybe he was just making small talk, but I've got my fingers crossed that they are going to send it as some sort of compensation. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

HD, sports, & reality tv junkie.
"I want room service!" - Johnny M.
post #81 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-22, 01:35 AM

I suspect the guys was just making small talk about GOW. After the hassle I had they wouldn't even agree to pay for the postage if I decided to send it out before the prepaid box arrived. If they give you GOW as a compensation I'll be some pissed. Keep us posted.

post #82 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-22, 03:03 PM

I have a quick question to ask that I haven't seen information on in this thread.

How does this prepaid box arrive ?
I too have been waiting and have been assuming it's coming via CanadaPost but it sounds like maybe it should be coming via Purolator.

BTW.
My unit died over the holidays as well, they told me 12 - 15 business days for the box to arrive. 17 days later I call only to find out that the request was mysteriously cancelled. They told me I should have my box in 3 - 4 business days. That was 6 days ago
post #83 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-22, 11:21 PM

The box arrives by Purolator. It comes with a prepaid sticker inside and a plastic bag to wrap the xbox in. It also comes with a short form to fill out. After sending my xbox out on Saturday I got a phonecall and email from Microsoft. I wont discuss who it was from or the nature of the call until my issue is resoved. I have made a couple of requests and I don't want to screw it up by creating a flood of similar requests. Once I get a response and resolution I'll fill you in. But things are looking better than they were a week ago.

post #84 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-24, 12:52 PM

There are two alternatives for those who don't want to deal with hassle of waiting for the box (which for some has taken months now): 1) drop it off if you live close to Vaughan, or 2) ship it at your own cost which is what I ended up doing (as I reported in an earlier post) and it cost me $20 for everything including box and bubble wrap. I know for some it is a question of principle in terms of paying for something we shouldn't be paying for. But I figured my time is worth more and I decide that I would take a "3 strikes" approach before I make this decision... so I did after making the third call and not getting a response that made me comfortable

Ironically, the box arrive a week after I shipped it!!!

Btw it took about a week to get the replacement

I'm not advocating paying for shipping, but it's worth assessing this option vs. all the hassles... and yes it does suck!

LC60E77UN, 8300HD+HDD, TX-SR876, TSS1200, PS3, Xbox360, DVP642, H880
LC46D62U, 8300HD+HDD, HT-TQ85, Wii, HOne
post #85 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-24, 03:58 PM

My XBOX died last week. It was about 10 months old (from when I bought it).

I read this forum first and figured it would take for ever to get my box. For whatever reason within 5 business days as promised I got a box from purolator yesterday. I quickly put the xbox in the box, called purolator back and they picked it up yesterday.

We'll see how long it takes.

The CSR did tell me that since I am in Canada it is a direct exchange and no repairs are done - she did not mention if it would be new or re-furb though.

I'm crossing my fingers that the replacement comes back soon.
post #86 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-24, 06:49 PM

I received a replacement X-Box today! It took exactly three weeks from the time I left it at the Vaughan location. I never ever received an empty box for shipping and I’m glad that I live close enough to drop it off myself.

The replacement unit looks brand new and has a newer manufacture date than my original and it came with a face plate installed, which is great since I sent mine without one as per the repair department instructions.

Here is what I’ve learned; the units that are sent to the Vaughan location are not repaired there, they are shipped directly to a repair center in Texas. The repair center then decides either to repair or replace and sends the unit back to the Vaughan location where they are then shipped directly back to the customer. This happens for all units received at the Vaughan location, whether dropped off or shipped there originally.

Good luck to everyone that has still not had their units replaced or repaired… I feel your pain.

WW
post #87 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-24, 07:59 PM

Location: Niagara, Toshiba46H84, Cogeco, Yamaha5860, Polk/Accusound speakers, Velodyne sub, XBOX 360
I received my return box from Purolator today. It took 5 business days from when I called. I will drop it off tomorrow morning. So far everything is going as planned. (Except for the whole console dying after 6 weeks thing.) Fingers still crossed.

HD, sports, & reality tv junkie.
"I want room service!" - Johnny M.
post #88 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-24, 09:44 PM

That's a bit rediculous. So if I live in Vancouver the box goes to Ontario then Texas, then back to Ontario then back to Vancouver. Seems like a very odd way of doing things. Especially since I'm only a couple hours drive from MS headquarters in Redmond.

After the hassle I had and the letter I faxed to Phil Sorgen, I received a call from one of his assistants. They offered to arrange for me to exchange my Xbox at a local retailer. Unfortunately the box came on Friday and I sent it out on Saturday...before the phonecall came on Monday. I asked if, as compensation they would replace it with the Second Gen 360 Zephyr (hey, it was worth a try). Was told that they have no information on the Zephyr yet. All that they were willing to do is expedite my repair. Who knows....maybe they'll still throw me a bone of some kind.

post #89 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-24, 10:19 PM

I actually don't think they go to Texas before replacements are shipped. I think they simply ship out refurbished boxes from Ontario and then ship the defective ones to Texas for repair to put back into refurb inventory.

There certainly wasn't enough time in my transaction for a Texas two-step.

As far as the idea of asking for a Zephyr ... nice try I did get an offer from MS for a token of their appreciation in light of all the difficulty I went through. I would suggest you provide some alternatives to them ....
post #90 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-24, 11:23 PM

JC, mind if I asked what compensation they provided?

Tags
lemon , pos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in