Xbox 360 Defective and Replacement Process... - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 544 (permalink) Old 2006-12-30, 07:53 AM

They paid for it in my case.I think they should go good for shipping it there also.Especially if it's under warranty.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-01, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Well still no shipping box or update but I received yet another automated email this AM that the request for service was received, so I'm assuming they messed up the one on Dec 21st again and we are strting over for the third time:

Quote:
Dear Xbox Customer:

Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Care. We have received your request for service. Please prepare your console and follow the instructions provided by our customer service department. You will receive an e-mail as soon as the next step in the process has begun.

Thank you,

Xbox Customer Care
This all started on Dec 8th when I made the first call for a replacement. It is now looking like it will be over a month before I see anything, perhaps longer.
post #63 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-02, 09:03 PM

Hey Markl, I reall hope u get ur unit replaced soon...

I finally got mine today. Hooked it up everything looks good. I installed the HD DVD player which I received as an xmas gift from my wife. Pic looks awesome

LC60E77UN, 8300HD+HDD, TX-SR876, TSS1200, PS3, Xbox360, DVP642, H880
LC46D62U, 8300HD+HDD, HT-TQ85, Wii, HOne

post #64 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-02, 09:16 PM

Well.... I just got off the phone with xbox and they assure me that I will be sending me another empty box for shipment because the other one never showed up. This seems to be a familiar story! Anyway, they told me where the repair depot is and it is in Vaughan Ontario and I practically drive by it everyday! They say I can drop it off there if I like... but first I'm going to call them to make sure that a customer can drop it off directly.

I will let you know how this works out.

WW
post #65 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suupafly View Post
will Costco take a defective 360 console back beyond the normal 3 month warranty period?

will Costco allow you to purchase extended warranty?
They were fine with me returning mine past 3 months (it was more like 4-5 months after purchase); not too much hassle since I kept the original receipt. Their return policy is great if you don't abuse it, and I was quite clear to them that I was just going to walk into the store and get a new one to replace it anyways. No extended warranty with Costco (other than what MS offers). As posted elsewhere here, MS regular warranty for 360's is now extended to a year.

Has anyone explored replacement/warranty options with their credit card company? I know some cards will double your warranties and whatnot; don't know the details - but heard some of those are better than people give them credit for...
post #66 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-04, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

And the saga continues...

Called Xbox Support today to find out that nothing has shipped yet. They resubmitted yet another repair order on Dec 31st (I think this is the 4th or 5th time now since Dec 8) but it is still not showing any tracking number and nothing has been shipped yet.
post #67 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-05, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Got a call from a MS rep tonight and they still haven't managed to get the shipping box processed or sent. Everytime they try the system fails to process it and thus it never ships, as to why they have no clue. They are doing all they can and that is that, no real idea of when it might ship but it will eventually, it might be a week or it might be another month, they honestly have no idea but are "working on it".

Sigh. What a mess this is, a simple repair call turns into a month of wasted time with no clear end in sight.

And FYI - MS will not offer full compensation on the console ever, they do no do that but may offer some sort of gesture compensation but the rep wasn't able to say what it might be but it would not be a refund.

Also my attempts to contact MS Canada directly have gone unanswered, so one can only assume they do not care enough to reply on this matter.

Perhaps the next step is to make the events thus far more public via the media, I'm really not sure what to do as I have no real further options with MS directly beyond wait and see.

Moral of the story so far - IF you buy a 360 make sure you can exchange it in store. The MS warranty process can be good or bad but there seem to be far too many horror stories like mine to even risk it.
post #68 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-05, 10:26 PM

I dropped of my xbox at the repair centre in Vaughan today and found out that they don't repair the units there but send them to MS in California. Well at least I know it is now going somewhere to be fixed. No more waiting for the empty box which still never showed up.

When I first called the xbox repair number I asked them if I could drop the unit off at the Vaughan address... and they said no, each time I called them I asked again and then finally they said yes.

The company in Vaughan is more than happy to receive the units directly from the customer, but I would suggest that you get the repair number first before dropping it off.

WW
post #69 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-06, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

I was originally told that the Canadian repair office basically just swaps out the old unit for a new one, no actual repairs are done in Canada. However last night I was informed that the "new" unit may in fact actually be a refurb and not a new out of the box console, so you basically get what they have in stock at the time.

If your able to drop it off or willing to pay your own shipping costs it appears that is the betsway to go. At this point I am not going to fork over any more money on this due to the principle alone as MS should be standing by their word and offering the free return shipping, the customer should not be left to pay more each step of the way for a clearly defective item under warranty, however this process for whatever reason is a nightmare and I see no clear end in sight, nor does MS themselves. The customer support processes are clearly broken down with major issues, it all comes down to luck if you get a timely repair it would seem.
post #70 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-09, 08:40 PM

Well, my son's 360 died on Boxing Day (Bought in June). Nice timing. He hadn't even gotten to play Gears yet. And I havent even had a chance to try out the HD-DVD drive I got for Christmas. Called on the 27th and was given a tracking number and was told the box would be sent out. As of yesterday still had received nothing. When I got home there was a message in my voice mail sayiing there had been an error and giving me a new tracking number and that the return shipping box should be here by the end of the week. We'll see.

--You know my motto.....forgive and...uh....the other thing--
post #71 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-12, 08:45 PM

It has been a week now and still have not received the repaired or replaced Xbox 360. Still have not recieved even one of the two empty boxes that are coming from MS... what a joke and I'm not laughing.

WW
post #72 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-14, 01:48 AM

Well Friday came and went and no shipping box. My son called Microshaft and now they claim the box was shipped on Tuesday, despite the fact that they left the message on Monday. As it take 5 days, they say, we should have it on Monday. So...still waiting

post #73 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-16, 08:33 PM

Update....well....if you can call it that. Monday. No box. Call to Microshaft who says it will be there Tuesday. Tuesday. No box. Call to Microshaft. They say that they can contact Customer somethingorother and will have a response within 3-5 business days. WTF?? It's already been over 15 business days. I spoke with a supervisor who was of no further assistance. They say I can box it and send it myself. Of course at my expense. I asked if they would at least be willing to pay the shipping and they said they cant do it if I "choose" to ship it myself. I asked if they would be willing to authorize a retail store to exchange it for me. They can't do that either. This is simply the worst customer service I've ever had from a company. At this point I'm not ever sure if they know if the boxes have already been shipped or not. All of this BEFORE I even send the unit to them. What's going to happen once I actually send them the XBOX. My next question to them is going to be: are they going to extend my warentee by the length of time I've been without a functioning Xbox. I suspect I already know the answer to that.

post #74 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-16, 10:56 PM

My experience was bad, but you guys are going through the unbelievable. I would try the direct approach. Check out this page and pick the member of the executive you think might be most helpful (it should be really only one or two of the names there). Either phone MS at 905-568-0434 and ask to speak to the person or fax a letter to their attention at 905-568-1527.

Be balanced in your approach and recognize the general value of MS and characterize your experience as "extremely disappointing from a company you thought much higher of."

It is the approach that worked for me.
post #75 of 544 (permalink) Old 2007-01-17, 04:24 PM

The EB coverage is the way to go. You dont have to wait I am onto my 4th console. Xbox furnace I like that

Tags
lemon , pos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in