Official "Gears of War" Discussion - Page 6 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #76 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-15, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Before I bought GoW I had never played online. I mean never. Not even on my PC. Now I play 3 times a week. Still hoping for new content to hit the streets soon to make online even better for this game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-15, 11:30 AM

Those are awesome numbers. I have the game but have not had time to play it much yet. Hopefully I will have time to get my hands dirty over the Xmas holiday.
post #78 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-15, 03:33 PM
Veteran

I honestly can't recommend the game enough. It's just SO much fun to play.

So much in fact that the wife (whom I've NEVER seen play a game) wants to learn how to play.

post #79 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-15, 08:45 PM

any chance of GOW being ported to other consoles?

I am getting my family a WII this xmas be cool if it came out for that eventually.
post #80 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-15, 09:05 PM

I can confidently say there will never be a Wii version of gears of war. There might be a PC version down the road like Halo 1 and 2. But not for the Wii. Or even the PS3. Gears Of War is meant to help bolster the sales of the 360 and microsoft will never let go of that exclusive rights except maybe for the PC which, they dominate the market for anyway. Another reason is sheer power. The wii, while fun, I own one, has nowhere near enough power to run gears of war. And while you can state maybe they would tone down the graphics. I would remind you of the article which proves that microsoft spent an extra billion dollars doubling the 360's ram just for this one game.

Sorry to crush any hopes you had there dreaderus. But you may get a grand theft auto on the Wii. The Regginator is working hard on that one.
post #81 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-15, 09:18 PM

only player the first level but so far pretty cool game. Amazing graphics!!1
post #82 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-15, 10:20 PM

Talking

I can't wait for Christmas morning to unwrap my copy. I strongly hinted the Mrs about this game to no end.
post #83 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-16, 08:43 AM

its fine every 2 years my work allots me up to 3k to spend on a PC, and that is up on Jan

I was just wondering i got the wii for fun to play with my wife and such, as long as they develop a mint hockey game, im pretty happy with what it came, i also picked up zelda as people were raving on that and over xmas etc since WOW is not releasing its exp til mid jan, I have a bit of fun for myself too

I also like the fact i can take the wii around and blow people away with its cool way to play and interact at family events hehe

Dreaderus
post #84 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-18, 01:31 AM

How does GOW compare to Call of Duty 3?
Single player and multiplayer versions?
Anyone, anyone, anyone?
Beuller?
post #85 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-18, 03:15 AM
Veteran

I don't have COD 3... but everyone I know that has both play Gears way more. Apparently COD 3 isn't much of an improvement over COD 2.

I'm pretty sure you can have more people in a COD3 LIVE game than a GeOW LIVE game.
post #86 of 119 (permalink) Old 2006-12-18, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBane View Post
I honestly can't recommend the game enough. It's just SO much fun to play.

So much in fact that the wife (whom I've NEVER seen play a game) wants to learn how to play.
My wife has played GoW more than I have lol.
post #87 of 119 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 09:57 AM
post #88 of 119 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 10:27 AM

TheDude...I've played both COD3 and GOW and I'll sum it up by saying that the single campaign in GoW simply can't be beat! But the Multiplayer for COD3 is better that GoW, it's more intense and the maps are pretty amazing too. These are 2 must have games for any 360.
post #89 of 119 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 11:14 AM
Digital Sage

COD3 is an amazing game. I've only played GOW for an hour (single player mode) and so far i like COD3 better.

I just prefer things that are more real.
post #90 of 119 (permalink) Old 2007-01-03, 11:39 AM

I prefer the opposite...I would rather shoot fictional characters than people that look real. It just feels wrong.

I've played COD2 on the PC and didn't like it near as much as FEAR (PC) and GoW (360).

The graphics just blew me away for GoW, and it is the most fun I have had playing a console game.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in