HOW do you make an original 1998 Sony memory stick work with a ps3 by USB? - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 2017-10-17, 09:41 PM
Veteran

Quote:
You must mean RAID1
Yup. Typo.

Quote:
People who use Win10 with Norton Anti-Virus installed as an EXTENSION to the Web Browers are pretty much IMMUNE to Viruses...
I'd have to disagree with that. No anti-virus software detects all viruses. At best it's about 99.9% of known viruses, which is very good, but, at about 99.8% Norton is not the best. AV software is not very good at detecting 0day threats and unreported threats either. It is a lot better than having no AV software but does not guarantee immunity from security threats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 2017-10-24, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDilbert View Post
A PS3 can be hacked. A camera can be hacked. Anything that contains a microprocessor chip can be hacked. It happens all the time.
I meant for the past 3 years my ps3 did not get attacked by a serious virus that would completely disable it, like the blue screen virus that completely disabled my last 2 computers where they couldnt advance beyond the blue screen, only reset options, then they needed repairing again til i sledged last one. I notice my ps3 did get a minor virus but its nothing, it may freeze once in a while, then i would restart it and after restarts theres a bunch of letters and characters at top of browser, but browser still works perfectly after that until it may freeze days or few weeks later. My ps3 almost never freezes while playing videogames 8 hours a day because i dont get online ever while playing, maby it may freeze once every 2 or 4 weeks while playing a game without being online??

Last edited by nicdim; 2017-10-24 at 01:19 PM.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 2017-10-24, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdim View Post
throwing away Bioshock 1 to 3, Deus ex human revolution, Fallout 3, Dead space 1, 2, The orange box, Far cry 2, Dishonered, Crysis 2 would be like throwing away my heart and brain.
i must add, Borderlands 1,2, Dead island, Dead island riptide, Rage, Dark sector, Fallout new vegas, Thief, Red faction guerrilla, Red faction armageddon(both Red faction games include a sledge hammer that you could use to take down large or giant metal and concrete structures as they collopse at your feet, just amazing), Far cry 3. Why would anyone ever want to throw away or sell heavenly amazing games like that when you'll have a craving to replay them every some or 5 years later, i'll never understand? PS NEEDS to come up with an ALL IN 1 console, since ps1 to ps10 are all Playstation games right? (i feel like a time traveller since ps10 is not out yet, maby i am???). ahahaha.

Last edited by nicdim; 2017-10-24 at 02:12 PM.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 2017-11-03, 10:09 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilN View Post
^^^ You'd only have to worry about the CD/DVD getting degraded/destroyed. And ponder the rather interesting question of which technology will go away faster - optical drives or USB.
so what, he just wanted to take the pictures off the memory stick, once its on the cd or dvd he can copy them to a computer or put them on the cloud, heck he can even burn the cd for all I care
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 2017-11-04, 11:03 PM
Veteran

Maybe he wants to keep using a 20 year old camera.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 2017-11-05, 01:14 PM
Veteran

And print the captions for his book, with a model 28 TTY using the current loop on his 1975 computer.

DB4E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 8way split LG lcd.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 2017-11-05, 04:21 PM
Veteran

No computer, just a hard copy printout on a 1975 IBM Selectric II typewriter. BTW, these are still available used for a very reasonable price (shipping extra) as are supplies and parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in