Kids talking smack about gaming, so I installed a UT99 server.... - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-03-27, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Kids talking smack about gaming, so I installed a UT99 server....

Holy mackeral, I'd forgotten how twitchy fast this game was/is !

hah, the kid who talks trash night and day about his black ops 3 is getting owned by mid level bots

I had really forgotten how much fun the assault and capture the flag maps were in this game
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-03-27, 04:51 PM
Veteran

"Back in the day" my friends and I would have lan parties and Diablo II and UT were always the games of choice. UT with the fatboy mod was amazing.

Miss lan parties and co-op gaming.........
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-03-27, 05:07 PM

I remember giving UT99 a go. My computer sucked so I I guess it contributed to my not so great latency. Liandri and Deck 16 were the most popular levels to play in. I was fond of Tempest though. I sucked at the game. I loved that shock gun where you shoot that blue thing, and then shoot the other blue thing with the same gun to make the explosion and kill nearby people.

That's the only FPS multiplayer I've ever played.

Just trying to remove that damn setup progress bar.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-03-27, 05:35 PM
Veteran

I miss Unreal Tournament! I was never great at it, but I loved playing just the same. UT2003 was also great!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-03-28, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

I had completely forgotten about the warp disk gun thing and the kids had no idea it existed, so assumed I was cheating when I was getting up on walls and places they couldn't find a path to.

The youngest loved it, but the teenager just rage quit and refuses to play again lol
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-03-30, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzpayne View Post
"Back in the day" my friends and I would have lan parties and Diablo II and UT were always the games of choice. UT with the fatboy mod was amazing.

Miss lan parties and co-op gaming.........
Heck yeah.

I did the same thing. I worked at GE ITS with a bunch of nerds (me being one) and get together at work on Saturday with all our home PCs in tow, but instead of UT (wasn't out then), we'd play Star Wars - Dark Forces II. I still love that game. (bless you - Steam)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-06-01, 01:17 AM

Give me the IP or server name I will come play.
I still have my UT99 and UT2004 installed.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-06-01, 09:29 AM

I have UT as well and lately, I even started playing Battlefield 1942 again and forgot how good this old game was. Yeah it doesn't have all the incredible graphics we can see on games nowadays but the gameplay is top notch.

I'm with Frank on this one, you should share your ip/server name so we can all play. Maybe even start a Digital Home UT game session!

Home Theatre: Yamaha HTR-6190, Klipsch Speakers, SANYO PLV-Z4, TOSHIBA HDDVD, LG BD555C, Cerwin Vega HTS12 Sub, VIP2300, XBox 360, HTPC.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-12-17, 11:12 AM

High

It's fast I give you that. But my brother, You are getting much more high than you should with this game. It's just another "KILL KILL KILL" game. :
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2016-12-17, 11:38 AM

UT99 is ton's of fun. you need to be able to move fast or you die so it's not only kill kill kill. it's a FPS not a RPG to each it's own.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in