Destiny - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-07-25, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Destiny

Been ripping the beta today. It's very Bungie.
Cool game though, seems like an interesting story so far
Will likely be adding to my digital collection

Sony 75" X940D, 7.1 Klipsch, Onkyo TX-NR656, Xbox One/360, Nvidia Shield Alienware Alpha, Arris Gateway, 42" Samsung
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-07-26, 03:16 PM
Veteran

I was excited about it but then I saw it was yet another FPS and that ended my interest.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-08-01, 04:26 PM
Veteran

@brownstar not a FPS fan? I'm picky myself. I picked up Titanfall because of the hype, huge disappointment for me, wishing I would have picked it up on disc cause if I would have it would have went to back to the store for a quick trade-in. I am a huge Halo fan though.

I was pretty shocked at the PS4 exclusives being available for more than a year on that platform considering the history of Bungie and Xbox. Some bad blood perhaps, or a Playstation offer they couldn't refuse.

Not to mention the beta being a week longer for PS4 players. I voted with my wallet for this title, even though I am hugely interested. It will be staying in my back pocket until well after launch.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2014-09-15, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Played a bit, like the story so far. Very Halo but not as floaty.

In case anyone is wondering, PS4 and XB1 are both 1080p and frame rate is nearly identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOpOssJsHM#t=96

Sony 75" X940D, 7.1 Klipsch, Onkyo TX-NR656, Xbox One/360, Nvidia Shield Alienware Alpha, Arris Gateway, 42" Samsung
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-01-29, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Love this game , hate the servers. For an online game, wow they need to step it up. The other day I couldn't even play story mode, kept getting booted. Last night was playing for an hour and didn't complete a single Crucible match.
Switched to Titanfall, played an hour mint. Back to Destiny, junk. So it's not Live or my network.

Bungie just needs to step up and use Live servers so they actually work!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-03-19, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Feel like Ièm talking to myself in this thread, but anyway.

The more I play this game the more layers and levels you find, the more I like it.

Did my first Raid last night, over 3 hours of intense game play, so much more than just shoot 'em stuff. Very enduring. I didn't even finish, was nearly midnight and I had to be up at 5am. Can't remember the last time a game sucked me in that much.

Overall, I liked the story mode. Love the PvP, best thing since MW2. Strikes are super fun. Could do free play and public events for hours. Raids are next level. So many aspects come into play. You need to change out weapons and perks throughout if you have a fighting chance of making it through. You need mics and you have to play as an organized team.
The only downfall to that, and this is a factor in strikes too. People leave, they are really bad or just not committed. So brutal when you have a 3 man strike, 1 guy leaves (certain matches won't send in another player) and the other guy sucks. Just played the other day, buddy left right out the gate, other dude was so bad it was painful, he was just dead all the time. Felt bad leaving but I couldn't take it anymore. If you got buddies, or now I've met up with guys on forums a couple times now. It's pretty fun.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-03-19, 08:39 PM

YOU'VE ONLY JUST RAIDED NOW.

Wow... i'm so jealous of you just getting to do the raid now. The VOG raid is amazing, one of the best in any game.

Destiny's servers have actually been fine, it's all p2p based actually, they don't have servers.

Your issues with connectivity were all due to DDoSing.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-03-19, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, haven't had any real issues connection wise as of late, I'll get stuck in the odd PvP match where my ping sucks. Just find a new room and it's good to go.

I'd wanted to try a raid, Only have a few buddies that play, could usually get 3 together for a strike but 6 at once never happens. Had no idea what I was getting into, wish I would have youtubed it or something first. I thought it would take maybe an hour or so. Few bosses to kill, then they just kept coming and coming. Took forever to get everyone through that sneak around part. Someone always got murked. Pretty fun, will for sure do again. Just got to wait till the weekend, lol.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-05-21, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

House of Wolves expansion has been live a couple days now,
Changes for the most part are awesome. Prison of Elders is so much fun.

Way better than the previous expansion. No raid, but I'll take Prison of Elders, great trade off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in