Friends Physical Media Sales Soar - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2020-02-21, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Friends Physical Media Sales Soar

Blu-Ray & DVD and Digital Copies are apparently flying off the shelf. Iíve watched the odd episode on Nick as of late but I didnít realize the show was still popular.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/fri...es-1203506810/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2020-02-21, 02:32 PM
Rookie

Not surprising at all. Just like Seinfeld, it's an extremely popular show. It's a staple in the daily schedules of many TV stations in the US such as KTLA and WPIX (along with Seinfeld). I've seen people younger than me (I'm 24) wearing logo'd T-shirts out and about. I entirely agree with Kathi Chandler-Payatt's contentions regarding the benefits of ownership of physical media.

Streaming services these days make up a large, confusing, volatile and potentially costly world of subscriptions to vast arrays of content with examples that may be appealing to you, but also might be here one day and gone the next. Physical home video represents the perfect opportunity for the end consumer to make a one-time vote with his or her wallet in statistical support for the titles that appeal to him or her that he or she would like the right to view at will for the reasonable lifespan of the discs. There's also the advantage of Blu-ray discs (for the titles for which they are available) having superior HD picture quality and likely audio codecs than streaming services. Then there's the issue of broadband internet services (and costs) in rural areas or people living under special circumstances (such as post-secondary students living away from home on a budget).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2020-03-01, 07:51 AM

Friends has aged terribly 20 years on. I can't imagine it is getting any new viewers anymore and it is the same white people watching the reruns.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 09:39 AM

Kathi Chandler-Payatt... Kathy & Chandler were a main storyline in season 4! Amazing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in