Determining Hotmail web email account size (in gigs)? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-10-02, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Determining Hotmail web email account size (in gigs)?

Hello,
...I've been a Hotmail user for over 20 years (before MS bought them) and some time back was able to routinely determine the size (in gigabytes) of my account . . . I can't find how to do this anymore and questions to MS Hotmail/Outlook support have gone unanswered on how to figure out how large my account is.

I only use the online (web) mail and do not download my mail locally (nor do I want to).

Ideas, suggestions, tips or any other forms of info much appreciated.

Regards,
Dave H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-10-02, 03:09 PM
Veteran

Microsoft offers 15 GB of email storage space per free Outlook.com account. Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers get 50 GB of space.
Since you migrated from the original hotmail to Outlook, you probably have just the 15GB. Now in order to check it online, you can only do so by turning on the "Beta" mode, because in the non beta mode the option is not available. Once you turn on the Beta mode go into the Gear Icon on the top right -> View all Outlook Settings -> Choose General on the Left Pane -> Storage on the right pane.

There you have it, you can find out your mailbox usage. Mine is: 498.55MB used of 15.00 GB maximum.

Then you can turn off the beta if you do not wish to use it anymore
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-10-02, 03:13 PM

If you're using the new online version, you can go to Settings (the gear next to your login button), all the way at the bottom click on "View all Outlook settings", then under General tab there is a section called Storage.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-10-02, 04:01 PM
Veteran

Those are the same steps I explained. Some people have the new version, some people have the old version and have the ability to turn on/off the "New Version" aka Beta which I also explained.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in