ASUS G30AB boots into bios - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExDilbert

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2018-09-24, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

ASUS G30AB boots into bios

Hello,

This is an ongoing issue which I have yet to get resolved. Before this issue occurred, I took the gaming desktop into Geek Squad to have serviced to see why it would constantly shut down upon start up. Upon startup, it would start up but within a few seconds would shut off then turn itself on again. They found the problem was the Solid State Drive causing the issues and replaced it with a new one. The issues itself were initially corrected and was satisfied to see it was on before pick up, however after bringing it home. I decided to turn it on however upon starting it up, the same problem existed. It would start up then shut off then turn itself back on. I could not display nothing on two tv's through HDMI outputs and even tried a monitor through DVI but nothing was displaying as it was doing before I took it in. I finally was able to get it started after a while but now there's a new issue which constantly boots into bios rather then into windows. It does this every time after being unplugged for awhile. I could leave it unplugged for a night and plug it back in, it'll start up then shut off then restart then boots into bios which then I have to manually select the solid state drive to boot which then boots into windows. So my question is, has anyone else ever experienced something like this with any model of a desktop and if so what could cause this? I honestly don't want to spend anymore money on this till I know what the exact problem is. I already paid for a new solid state drive which I don't want to add anymore costs only to find out it's not the problem and not have the problem solved.

I hope someone can help cause I have already taken back to Geek Squad but they honestly have no clue what it is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2018-09-25, 12:23 AM

Do you have the latest Bios?

https://www.asus.com/sa-en/ROG-Repub...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Start with a bios update, do not update the bios if you have not learned how to do it, or have never done it.
get a tech friend to help.

if Bios is updated then we keep looking but till then this is what needs to be done.

OR Maybe you boot setting are wrong can you look in Bios if your HD with Window is your frist boot?

EXP.....

System boots to BIOS okay, but will not boot to Windows
Solution - Configured CSM correctly, set default boot drive.

Issue:
Windows will not boot

Observation:
System powers up, goes into BIOS

Expectations:
Should boot to Windows

Modification:
CSM - enabled
Boot to EFI

Cause: unknown

Workaround:
Advance to BIOS force boot to SSD, then windows will load, but not until the force is in place.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2018-09-25, 12:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
It does this every time after being unplugged for awhile.
The first thing I would do is replace the motherboard CMOS battery. It's usually a small disc battery a little larger than a quarter that just pops out by depressing the retainer clip with a small screwdriver. Be sure to get the correct type. It's typically a 3 volt rechargeable lithium ion battery labelled CR2032. I've seen a few motherboards that used 2 AA or AAA connected by a short wire with a 2 pin plug. In some rare cases it can be soldered directly to the motherboard.

Quote:
I finally was able to get it started after a while but now there's a new issue which constantly boots into bios rather then into windows.
That's usually a sign that the BIOS has lost its settings. A bad CMOS battery is often the cause.

Quote:
Upon startup, it would start up but within a few seconds would shut off then turn itself on again.
Some motherboards do this by design. It's not a big issue.

Finally, it could be caused by turning the computer off with a power bar or the power supply switch. That will cause the CMOS battery to become discharged and the BIOS to lose it's settings. The PC should remain plugged in with the power supply turned on and powered at all times, except maybe during lightning storms. Turn it off using the front panel power button or the shutdown option on the start menu.
Norman_C likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in