Help with choosing a monitor - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-05-30, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Help with choosing a monitor

I am looking to purchase a HP 23.8" IPS monitor and I have come across these 2 models. I don't plan on using it for HD gaming or HD movies. I will be using it daily for work and personal use (surfing web, email, youtube, occasional game etc.).

Looking at the specs online they are identical and even the appearance look the exact same as well. I spoke to HP and they said that the EliteDisplay is a business model and the ENVY is the higher end of the consumer line. They also said the business line is built to last longer, they couldn't say what is better because both monitors have the same specs. Sounded like the rep wasn't sure.

Does anyone own one of these models or have experience with them?

Also does the EliteDisplay have a better IPS panel even though the specs are the same? Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money for the EliteDisplay or am I just paying extra for the "business name".

HP ENVY 24 23.8-inch Display
HP ENVY 24 23.8-inch Display - HP Store Canada

HP EliteDisplay S240n 23.8-inch
HP EliteDisplay S240n 23.8-inch Micro Edge Monitor - HP Store Canada

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2017-05-30, 05:42 PM
Veteran

They look like the same monitor packaged for two channels. HP doesn't provide enough information to distinguish them by spec. If it helps at all, I found the HP ENVY 24 $30 cheaper elsewhere.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2018-09-28, 11:49 AM

Hope you already purchased your monitor. If you want to upgrade or want to buy new one, I suggest you to take a look on this HP 22cwa. While it is a bit smaller in size, the monitor does not fall short when it comes to quality. The IPS technology is one aspect that makes it a good option. Another is the slender bezel that provides seamless and borderless viewing satisfaction. https://www.displayninja.com/hp-22cwa-review/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in