Looking for VPN providers - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 2018-08-01, 10:33 AM

I've been using Hoxx (with Firefox) for a while too. Great for getting UK telly.

There's a VPN add-on called Beebs that works on Chrome browsers. But with Opera, there's an add-on that enables other chrome add-ons and Beebs works that way.

The Beebs name comes from BBC but if it works for BBC - and it does - then it ought to work for other things...at least for UK sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 2018-08-10, 01:16 AM
Rookie

I have been using PIA and have been satisfied, but I am looking for some extra accounts for kodi use in different homes.

www.vpnpick.com is offering me a 3 year deal on Purevpn from the mailing list. any experience with them? they also seem to have a deal for expressvpn but I rather go cheaper than that, 3 years is good to set and forget!
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 2018-08-11, 06:47 AM

IP Vanish are good....

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 2018-08-11, 11:16 AM
Veteran

My experience is that there isn't a lot of difference between the major VPN providers. Most offer servers in major internet connected countries and a wide variety of services. Some may offer special features or be tailored specifically for activities such as geo-restricted video streaming. One issue that often isn't mentioned in reviews is throughput speed. People that have high speed plans may be disappointed to find that VPNs can slow connection speeds considerably. That may vary by server, country or time of day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in