HITRON CGN3ACR: Moving from gateway to bridge - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-08-09, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

HITRON CGN3ACR: Moving from gateway to bridge

When going from gateway to bridge, my planned sequence is as follows:
  • make a backup of the gateway mode config file in case I need to go back to gateway mode.
  • do a factory reset (to clear out all my personal settings and passwords)
  • change from gateway to bridge using the straight forward one-step Rogers instructions, ie go to Basic/Gateway Function, toggle the Residential Gateway Function to 'Disabled' , and let it reboot.
  • connect and power up a DCHP router.

Questions:-

1) Once in bridge mode, is any part of the admin page accessible at all? I assume no, and no more IP address for the unit.
2) Is there any password available anymore on a bridged Hitron?
3) When connecting a DCHP router to the Hitron, for the first time, does the Hitron need to connected to a router with a 192.168.x.x IP address, or can the router IP address be anything I want?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-08-09, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Another tip , from the Rogers community forum :

>> Before you disable the gateway mode, disable the NAT function (distribute LAN IPs).This will pass through the internet IP to your 3rd party router. If you do not do this, your router will pick up the 192.168.0.x IP and will cause issues with other applications such as VoIP.

Is this still necessary to do?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-08-10, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Hitron Front Panel Status lights

Okay, all done and successful. Just one question on the status lights - see pic. Is this normal?

The light below @:
---Intermittent – much like an activity indicator. In gateway this used to be consistent – flashed ever 3 second.

The 2.4 radio light:
--Flashes once every 4 seconds. Why is this light on and what does it mean? Does it mean the radio is on??? Ironically I disabled the radio before changing from gateway to bridge.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-08-10, 04:57 PM

My CGN 3 in bridge mode flashes the activity light but does not have the other light on....I am not sure I have seen it even for the 2 hours I used the device in gateway mode before going to bridge mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-08-10, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I spoke with Rogers and they said the radio light is a known issue ; radio is actually off but light stays on. The next firmware release is supposed to address it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-08-11, 04:19 PM

It would be good if the next firmware update to the CGN3 just turned all the features of the device. I use mine in bridge mode as IPV6 facilities are turned off in gateway mode. I use Roger's 6RD service which in most routers is part of the IPV6 setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in