Brother DCP-7030 laser printer - toner sensor - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2011-09-07, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Brother DCP-7030 laser printer - toner sensor

Does anyone know if the above or similar models sense the toner level via the round plastic windows on the sides of the cartridge or is it done via the flag/reset gears, or a combination of both?

Covering the windows with tape apparently will fool the printer into thinking that there is still toner left. The starter cartridge (rated for approx. 1000 pages) that came with the printer apparently does not have the flag gears and yet these are necessary if one were to do a DIY refill (or the printer will continue to show the low toner message after the refill).

FWIW the flag gears can be bought for a few dollars if one were to reuse the starter cartridge. Store bought TN-330 or TN-360 cartridges have the flag gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2011-09-07, 06:25 PM
Rookie

I know this won't help you much but I Had this exact problem and messed with the gears, and it would only ever do 1-2 prints before it would toggle back. I tried taping the ends and didn't work either. I also recall resetting my drum print counter on the printer

I ended up just shelling out for a new toner cart. Wasnt worth any more of my time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in