System Config Utility Has Stopped Working - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-07-27, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

System Config Utility Has Stopped Working

I have Windows 7 Ultimate. I often use the msconfig command to check on startup programs and other things.

I tried uploading some ringtones and wallpaper to my W385 cell (without success) and in doing so, I now get this error...

Quote:
System Configuration Utility Has Stopped Working
I installed motorola drivers today and that's about all I've done. I have since uninstalled them, cleaned the registry with registry mechanic 9, restarted the computer... I just cannot get "msconfig" to load up anymore.

I've tried going into safe mode even, and even there, it will load briefly, but not allow you to make any changes, and then shut down with the same error message above.

Very confused as to what could've caused this. I'm not sure why installing a legit driver would disable my System Config Utility.

Any suggestions at all? I've been googling this for 2-3 hours now with no luck. I'd hate to repair or re-install for such an insignificant problem, but I don't know if this is a sign of other problems or not.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-07-27, 10:32 PM
Veteran

If 7 has System Restore.

Restore it to before the problem occurred.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2010-07-27, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSgamby View Post
If 7 has System Restore.

Restore it to before the problem occurred.
I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 two weeks ago, so I only have one restore point. It's after I installed these motorola drivers. I don't have any restore points before that. Maybe one of the services got affected?

It doesn't seem to cause any other problems, but I just like everything to be working properly incase I need it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in