Rogers Atlantic Programming and Packages Discussion - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-02-15, 11:01 AM

Question about Space HD

I subscribed last night to Digital Plus.
My install date is only in march so no way to check right now...

Asked CSR to verify if i could add Space HD to my package, she said since the non-HD version is included that i'd automatically get the HD version. I told her on the website that Space HD is not in the list, she said the website would have the most current info...

So what is it, with Digital Plus, is Space HD in, or out? Is there a "HD" package that includes it, without going to Vip Package ?

I hate the new way (well new... the last website revamp) to sort the channels and packages, it's not very user friendly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-04-01, 01:30 PM

Slice and Showcase gone from Basic Digital

It seen that Slice (ch. 256) and Showcase (ch. 319) a no longer part of Digital Basic. They now seen to be part of Digital Plus.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-05-20, 10:48 PM
Rookie

I haven't seen anyone else post this.

I received a letter from Rogers 2013 regarding a change to packages effective May 23, 2013.

AMC currently on 53 and 328 will be moving to 28 and 328.

FX Canada currently on 318 will be moving to 53 and 318.

Spike TV currently on 28 and 279 will be moving to 279 only.

Spike TV will only be available to customers subscribing to Ultimate Digital Specialty and Classic TV theme packs.

Regards

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-05-21, 08:14 AM

I received that as well. Making you pay more for channels you already get, but not adding anything new. The Rogers MO.

Rogers Cable w/ HD, DCT-6416 III, LG 42LB4D HDTV, Blu-ray player (PS3), Sony STR-DE575 HT Receiver
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-05-22, 07:37 PM
Rookie

They also no longer discount NB/NL customers more than 25% for their cable inadequacies compared to Ont. However, for the channels we watch it is still cheaper for me to stay w/Rogers compared to FibreOP. If we can just get AMC HD... Humm...
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-05-23, 05:24 PM
Rookie

woodsie: Agree. I've been caling to try and speak to SOMEONE that can give a status report on AMCHD. No luck and I've spent hours on the phone. They just don't care... Atlantic customers are obviously an afterthought. And they take their good old time posting the episodes on ROD too, if they psot them in HD at all.

It's almost too late for Mad Men (8 episodes down) and I'm starting to fear we won't have it in time for Breaking Bad's final season in July.
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-05-23, 09:16 PM
Rookie

Yep. The fact is that their infrastructure needs a complete, utter and expensive overhaul to provide the same levels of service offerings they do in Ontario. The sad reality for us is that they have more subscribers in 5 square blocks in Toronto than in all of NB at much lower cost to provide it.. We will always get the shaft until they invest and that isn't likely to happen soon. What I don't get is why do they offer HD channels like OWN HD or better yet the Fireplace channel and hold back AMC HD instead? If they dropped one of these they'd get far less feedback and keep/attract more customers. Makes no sense.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-07-22, 03:12 PM

Should i get rogers 99$ bundles

I am waiting for fiberop to come in my region but it not seem to be happening soon.

So do you think the rogers 99$ bundles for 3 years is good.

I like the 30meg download right now i can only get 7meg with bell.
I stream netflix a lot and play games

I am not sure about the netbox menu etc???

Anyone of you opt for this?

Tks
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-07-23, 08:19 AM
Rookie

You get better speed, better pricing and if HD selection isn't the end of the world the $99.00 deal is excellent. You just need to keep an eye on your usage cap for your streaming. 500GB is a lot for most people. The menu for Rogers digital cable is good if not better than FibreOPTV and Bell Sat IMHO..
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-07-24, 05:46 AM

Coming from Shaw Direct and their new Sat, I find the HD lacking and the guide horrible.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 2013-07-24, 06:27 PM
Rookie

I heard Shaw had a pretty good EPG..
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 2015-08-13, 08:51 PM

Treehouse TV now on Basic package

According to Rogers website, Treehouse TV is now part of Basic package. It seen to be that way on both Atlantic and Ontario.

I can post a screenshot if needed.

Last edited by 57; 2015-08-13 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Moved to Existing Thread.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 2018-11-24, 11:03 AM

Stingray Videos will be remove from Popular TV package on January 1st.

I just receive this from this month's bill. Just to give a warning to others that have the same package and didn't see the note.

----
"TV CHANNEL REMOVALS
From time to time, we adjust our channel lineups to reflect the changing viewership
trends of our customers. As of January 1, 2019, Stingray Juicebox, Stingray RETRO,
Stingray LOUD, and Stingray VIBE will no longer be in your TV package. In addition, at the
discretion of the programmer, BBC Kids will also cease operations as of this date and will
no longer be available in your TV package.
The rest of your Rogers TV package will remain the same. If you would like to respond to
this notice, have questions, or wish to cancel or make changes to your TV service, please
call us at 1-888-ROGERS1. Thank you for choosing Rogers."
----

What I don't understand is I do have Stingray Loud, Vibe and Juicebox. But I never had Stingray Retro (I wish I did) and BBC Kids (wish CBBC was available in Canada instead). The only one I will miss is Juicebox. I love all day music channels. If it still available later, I might add it back with one of those small theme packs.

And like always, I'm guesting that the price I pay will stay the same without replacing the channels. So I'll pay the same for less...
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 2018-11-24, 11:38 AM

The channels are not being removed from Rogers, just from your particular package.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 2018-11-24, 12:25 PM

^^
I know that why I specify the package name in the title, but I still don't understand that they mention Stingray Retro and BBC Kids since I never have access to those in the first place...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in