Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - All About Building An HTPC (MoBo, CPU, Cards, Other Gear, Software)
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 2006-05-12, 12:56 PM
MarcP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by que3jxp
HOLY COW!!! What are you doing?!?!?!
My wife loves many shows and many of those shows play multiple times a week and sometimes move on the schedule (i.e. American Idol). We were still getting conflict with a dual-tuner so I got another dual-tuning card (now I have two Hauppauge PVR500MCE). Why buy an extra tuner when you can get two extra tuners for a few bucks more?

Whoever has "Grey's Anatomy" to record on Sunday, well there's also a new episode on the following Monday (not the usual time slot). Thanks to all my tuners, BeyondTV will grab it without missing all the other monday night shows that my wife loves (The Apprentice, CSI: Miami, Grey's Anatomy - they all conflict with a dual-tuner). She can't watch live TV anymore. It has to be recorded and go through the commercial-removal process first.

And with some season finales going to 2 hours, there are lots of overlapping shows that will cause conflicts with just a dual-tuner PVR.

Last edited by MarcP; 2006-05-12 at 01:06 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome