Rogers 2009 New Channels Discussion - Page 44 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #646 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-13, 11:30 PM
Veteran

It seems thus far to me that someone is always watching it as I have not the typical SDV delay when going to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #647 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 01:16 AM

I still think there is a problem, I understand they want to have a fireplace while the channel isn't switched on yet but there should be programs on it. I am going to find out the real scoop from Rogers customer service, I will try to call them tmrw.

Plus the audio is still giving me static-- well silence with the odd clicking sound

Will call tech support ASAP.
post #648 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 02:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2000 View Post
I still think there is a problem, I understand they want to have a fireplace while the channel isn't switched on yet but there should be programs on it. I am going to find out the real scoop from Rogers customer service, I will try to call them tmrw.
While you are at it you should complain that the TV guide channel never shows anything but TV listings. When are they going to start showing programs! :lol:

Seriously dude - are you serious? You haven't put any smilies in your post so it is hard to know!

post #649 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 02:41 PM

Mark, THE purpose of the channel is like the old WPIX yule log. The channel IS essentially one big screensaver like a fishtank. There's NO "Fireplace Cleaning" program or "How To Restore Your Mantel" or "Fireplace-In-The-News" or "World's Sexiest Fireplace Chases" programs. WYSIWG!!! I hope you forgot the smiley or winking emoticons. lol

The static you hear is the crackling of fire. If you go back to the last page, I talk about how they recently switched to a different fireplace videotaped that's more realistic.
post #650 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

from press release today

Quote:
Canwest Broadcasting is making MovieTime and History Television's stellar programming widely available to Rogers consumers. Now, all Rogers Digital VIP cable customers will have access to MovieTime and History Television's dynamic programming, including the highly-anticipated introduction of History Television HD and Video On Demand offerings.

MovieTime, the ultimate digital destination for movies, gets the star treatment and moves into the Rogers Digital VIP package, to be enjoyed by an additional one million subscribers. Launched in October 2008 and a top 10 digital channel, MovieTime provides viewers with unparalleled access to more than 250 hit movies a month, and back-to-back movies on the weekend, showcasing popular titles that celebrate the adventure essential to every great movie plot. The channel shifts down the dial to channel 86.

History Television HD is available to all Rogers customers that subscribe to the channel. Broadcast in brilliant 1080i high definition, History Television HD will captivate audiences with over 100 hours a week of HD blockbuster movies, cutting-edge living history series and award-winning documentaries. The service is available on channel 561.

post #651 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 02:59 PM

Quote:
The channel shifts down the dial to channel 86.
How come Teletoon Retro hasn't gotten a below-100 channel. It was added to Rogers VIP, too.
post #652 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 03:30 PM

Quote:
History Television HD is available to all Rogers customers that subscribe to the channel. Broadcast in brilliant 1080i high definition, History Television HD will captivate audiences with over 100 hours a week of HD blockbuster movies, cutting-edge living history series and award-winning documentaries. The service is available on channel 561.
I'm still not getting it here despite being a VIP subscriber.
post #653 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 04:48 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Now, all Rogers Digital VIP cable customers will have access to MovieTime and History Television's dynamic programming, including the highly-anticipated introduction of History Television HD and Video On Demand offerings.
I'm a VIP, so I guess that Movie Time belongs there. Now, if only they'd do something about all the 16:9 in letterbox in pillars shows I see on History Channel HD. It'd be nice if Movie Time was in HD too.
post #654 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 07:32 PM

Location: Scarborough, Rogers Cable, 8642HD, LG 55LW5600, Sony BDVE980W
HISTHD (561) and Gloabl BC HD (568) is still black here in Scarborough.
post #655 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 07:45 PM

I have Digital VIP but History HD still says that I'm not authorized.
post #656 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 08:27 PM

Welcome to my world. I live in Thornhill. See thread "Roger's technical issues" for more info.

Last edited by ruben308; 2009-12-14 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling error
post #657 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 09:05 PM
Rookie

How does Rogers restrict my channels?

I just signed up for Rogers. Got "digital basic", find I can NOT get channels 29-58 on analog or digital. I am in a triplex, 1 line in from the street and 3 lines out. The other two lines get TSN and the rest on analog. What is the technology that allows them to restrict my line and not the other two? Thanx in advance . . . . . Mike
post #658 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 09:25 PM

I think I can field this wrong and if I'm at all wrong, anyone w/ expertise is welcome to correct me.

I take it you subscribe to basic analog cable (channel 2 to 28) and then have a digital STB to get digital basic. The reason you don't get channel 29-58 and all Rogers VIP channels in the 80s and 90s is because of filter traps installed outside your building that restricts the channel w/out payment (for those channels).

Oddly enough, my mom subscribes to only basic analog (no digital) and she noticed half a year ago channel 29-34 (Much Music to TLC) have become viewable. Not to look a gifthorse in the mouth, she's said nothing to Rogers about this.

It looks like Canwest has a new goldmine in Movietime and wants to hit the ground running w/ a widely distributed push.
post #659 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 10:15 PM
Rookie

How does Rogers restrict my channels?

Thanx, windows7. Anyone know if this is a physical trap or is it something they can turn off/on remotely? If it was just the on the digital box then I would think it was electronic. Since the analog is affected on my line and not on the other 2 lines to the house, I'm guessing it's a physical trap? Anyone know? Thanx in advance. . . . Mike
post #660 of 679 (permalink) Old 2009-12-14, 10:18 PM
Veteran

Quote:
It looks like Canwest has a new goldmine in Movietime
Then perhaps they can spend some of that gold and make it HD.
Closed Thread

Tags
new channels , rogers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in