Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Rogers Digital Cable Channel Discussion Thread

97K views 377 replies 62 participants last post by  Charles Selig 
#1 ·
This thread will be for rumours, channel deletions and complaining about any channel not offered by Rogers Ontario.

Actual confirmed new channel announcements and channel deletions will now have their own thread.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=227314

Ignite channel discussions will now have their own thread.

#8 ·
Is TLN in SD available on an HD box?

TLN loves to stretch SD content on their HD channel but I can't stand watching it that way. When SD episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond are on, I tried searching for the SD version (to avoid the stretching) with my HD box. The lower numbered version autoconverts to HD for me. I couldn't find an non stretched version anywhere. Anyone have a suggestion?

#11 ·
TBS, TNT, A&E TLC and a few others stretch as well. The spin phrase was "to give our viewers a consistent widescreen experience". Give me a break...If Rogers would offer an SD version for viewers with an HD box I could live with this but Rogers is trying to save bandwidth and the thinking is why would an HD viewer ever want to watch something that is available in HD in SD. Well this is the reason....

#14 ·
Glad to hear it finally worked out for you. My parents usually watch the auto HD feed of TLN, but one day I go to visit I will punch in 783 and try the SD feed for a day and see how it is, hopefully it wont have the stretch-o-vision.

#16 ·
nfitz has it right. 783 is a 3 hour delay. There is no TLN SD for their East feed, at least not if you have a HD box. I'm just annoyed Rogers isn't giving me the SD option anymore.

#21 ·
O L E G_test & C P A C_test

Rogers has been testing these two channels on 982 & 983 for months and months and months now. What exactly are they testing? And why is it taking soo long to release these channels to the public?

#25 ·
rogers vs hd

I already get CHEX in HD from OTA in Stouffville. Rogers doesn't seem interested in offering it in HD. Maybe now the Oshawa station will go digital.
rogers doesn't appear interested in offering much in hd like msnbc, sundance channel, cnn international, wnyo, wnlo, wtvs. i believe they also don't carry a single american sub channel like wnyo 49.2 get.tv although i'm not sure if that's because they don't want to carry them or because the crtc is still on a "canadian content is more important than good content" kick. i'd also like for rogers to add stingray ambience ( www.stingray.com/entertainment/ambience ) in hd of course.

#29 ·
Around 9:30 am Rogers cut the Cartoon Network feed on channel 284 and replaced it with the following notice:

"Teletoon Retro is no longer available, as this decision was made by the broadcaster. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will continue to value the hundreds of channels that are included with your package."

I was right in the middle of a Teen Titans Go marathon too.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.