Source Cable (Operated by Rogers) updates - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-02-11, 09:21 AM
Veteran

Oh, OK.

I dont remember see their specific login on the login page until the other day.

GDKitty
Rogers Ignite Xi6, LG 47LV5400 LED TV, Yamaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-02-11, 04:24 PM
Veteran

what's Gone Viral TV?

1,2,3 Come Party With Me 3,4,5 Kept The Spirit Alive 1,2,3 I'm Feeling So Free 3,4,5 Keep The Party Alive
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-02-11, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

It's a channel that rotates videos from online sources like YouTube. I doubt anyone will even notice it's gone. As far as I am aware Source Cable was the only provider offering it in Canada.

The channel is based out of Barbados. More info is available at the link below.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gone_Viral_TV

post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-03-01, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Source Cable Changes as of March 1st 2016

Channel Moves

103 Real Estate TV (from Ch.128)
107 Turner Classic Movies (From Ch.127)
642 KOMO-DT (ABC - Seattle) (From Ch. 725)
643 KIRO-DT (CBS - Seattle) (From Ch. 726)
644 KING-DT (NBC - Seattle) (From Ch. 727)
645 KCPQ-DT (FOX - Tacoma) (From Ch. 728)

New Additions

58 WNLO (CW - Buffalo)
59 WNYO (MyTV - Buffalo)
60 CIIT (Hope - Winnipeg)
61 CHNU (Joy - Surrey)
62 CIVM (Tele-Quebec - Montreal)
63 CFJP (TQS - Montreal)
71 CBNT (CBC - St. John's)
72 CJNT (City - Montreal)
75 CICT (Global - Calgary)
76 CBRT (CBC - Calgary)
77 CKAL (City - Edmonton)
78 CFCN (CTV - Calgary)
79 CHNM (Omni - Vancouver)
100 Your World This Week
101 Viceland
102 Deals TV
127 Telelatino (West)
128 Comedy (West)
129 W Network (West)
130 YTV (West)
166 Russia Today
167 Al Jazeera English
168 CCTV News
169 Euronews
600 Your World This Week HD
601 Viceland HD
602 Deals TV HD
638 CKVU-DT (City - Vancouver)
639 CIVT-DT (CTV - Vancouver)
640 CHAN-DT (Global - Vancouver)
641 CBUT-DT (CBC - Vancouver)
755 DIY HD
774 Crime + Investigation HD
881 CIVM-DT (Tele-Quebec - Montreal)
882 CFJP-DT (V - Montreal)

Channels Removed

99 Gone Viral TV
129 Real Estate TV (Ottawa)
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-03-03, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Source Cable also introduced the starter basic package and add-ons. They pretty much mirror what Rogers is offering on the main system with a few minor differences here and there.

More info here.
Hamilton Mountain Ontario - TV Channels - Source Cable Channel Line-up
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-04-05, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Source Cable is changing all of the current Internet packages to mirror what Rogers offers on all of their main systems. The only difference being that all packages will remain unlimited usage and the 1GB speed is still not available. Customers currently on an old Source Cable plan will be migrated to the closest price "Rogers" plan effective May 1st. Any new customers are now subject to the new "Rogers" plans effective April 1st.

Also the migration to Rogers Cable will not occur until at least Q1 or Q2 of 2017.
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-04-05, 06:47 PM
Veteran

I think Source must now be on SDV otherwise I doubt they could have added that many new channels.
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-04-06, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Source Cable is digital only so they have enough bandwidth to carry all of the recent additions. As far as I can tell, they are not using SDV. Neither is the Rogers Hamilton system. The main difference between the two systems is the Source Cable system has less customers per node so they don't need to allocate as much spectrum for data and on-demand services as the Rogers Hamilton system. Also Rogers Hamilton may still have analog basic cable but I'm not entirely sure.

I see Rogers and Source Cable trucks all over Hamilton mountain installing new infrastructure so it's very likely both systems will be SDV by next year. I'm assuming the delay in switching to Rogers is to allow more time for the former Shaw system to be upgraded to handle all the services currently available on the Source Cable system.
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-07-20, 01:32 AM

Will the Rogers services for both North and South Mountain eventually be unified? And has there been any recent updates to Source lately?
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-08-25, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm sure the product line will eventually be the same but I'm not sure about the channel line-up itself. The channel number assignments may remain different on each system.
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-12-07, 02:43 AM

Source Cable just changed the look of their website and I think their channel lineup.

There's no real listing of the channels on their new site though, so I'm wondering if someone could post what the lineup is here.
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-12-07, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

The channel line-up itself is still the same but you are correct about the packaging. It all mirrors what Rogers offers in other markets.
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-12-07, 11:11 AM

Just saying, I remember when we had Cable Atlantic here in Newfoundland when I was very young. Rogers bought that company and the analog channel line-up is almost identical to what Cable Atlantic used, but there are a few differences in channels now. My guess is slowly Source Cable will begin to mirror the channel line-up for the area it serves under the Rogers banner eventually. There's a lot more bandwith now then what there was in the 90's.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle1190082/

Last edited by wmjfoley85; 2016-12-07 at 12:24 PM.
post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 2016-12-07, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Rogers Hamilton has been under the Rogers brand for 2 1/2 years and they have had a lot of channel additions since they took over. So far, the channel line-up hasn't changed at all. They just stick channels where ever there is free space. Source Cable has actually have some minor channel shuffling but nothing to align with Rogers. I'd say Rogers isn't really concerned about the channel positions for the Hamilton market.

In the case of Rogers buying out Cable Atlantic and even Shaw in New Brunswick, that happened almost 15 years ago when there was far less digital viewership and far less channels. The only real precedent is ACI in Aurora. They did change the channel lineup and I believe they moved all the customers to Cisco/SA from Motorola. Not sure that they have that in the works for Hamilton at this time as previously stated; they are still selling Arris/Motorola equipment in this market several years after the transition.
wmjfoley85 likes this.
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 2019-04-07, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Rogers has been migrating Source Cable customers for the past few months. Source Cable customers have to go with Rogers Ignite TV which uses the same Ignite TV hardware as existing regions. The Motorola equipment will not longer be compatible. If I had to guess, Rogers is probably migrating former Mountain Cable/Shaw Cable customers from Motorola hardware and Shaw Gateway hardware as well. Interestingly enough, Rogers does not appear to be planning on harmonizing the channel line-up for Hamilton. The ignite line-up from channel 100 and up is pretty much the same as any other Rogers system, however for former Mountain Cable/Shaw Cable customers, they kept their existing line-up from 2-99. For former Source Cable customers, they actually dropped the original SD line-up from 2-99. Instead what they did is they mirrored the HD channel block 701-799 1-99.

I thought for sure they would merge the channel line-up for both systems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in