NHL Center Ice - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-05, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

NHL Center Ice

Does anyone know if you order the NHL Center Ice does it include GameCenter Live free? https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/sec...&nav-video-gcl

In the past I have heard you do get a code to enter on the site but where do you get this code from? Rogers says they don't have it, but claim you should get that included free .. try GameCenter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-05, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

called NHl GameCenter Live they said call cable provider (Rogers) for this code.. calling Rogers now. no one else have Center Ice?
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-06, 02:50 AM
Rookie

Let me know what you found out please. I've been emailing them for about a week now. The day I signed up for the Super Sports Pak, I emailed them asking for a code (this was around the 20th of Sept.). I was emailed back saying i would get a code emailed to me within 2 weeks.

Since it's been over 2 weeks now, and the season starts tonight (the 6th), I emailed them again. This time they told me "Sometime during the month that hockey starts, a code would be emailed", I replied to this email extremely snarkily informing them THIS IS THE MONTH the season begins, and it begins VERY soon.

They replied saying they would get it to me "Sometime this month".

Someone on another forum mentioned they had been given a date of October 20th, which is realling fricking useful considering the season will be 2 weeks in by then.

Another question, anyone actually able to ONLY order NHL Center Ice? they refused to give me just center ice and would only give me Super Sports Pak even though its a waste of about 100 dollars over a season for me.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-10, 10:09 AM

I was able to buy NHL Centre Ice by itself for $207.80. I wasn't given a hassle when I asked for it, which suprised me. I was expecting to have to fight with them as I've had to do with them in the past.

I too am now looking for the NHL GameCentre Live promo code and getting nowhere with Rogers. This is frustrating. I've called them but no one I talk to seem to know what I'm talking about.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-14, 09:06 AM

I ordered Centre Ice last week. I haven't received the code yet but the CSR did some research and said that they would give the code and it had to be registered at gamecenter.NHL.com/rogers. I am waiting until next week to follow up on the code.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-17, 06:39 AM

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if there are games that are blacked out if I get NHL Centre Ice? I would hate to pay that much for the package only to learn that the first game I wanted to watch was blacked out...
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-17, 01:05 PM

I guess it depends on what you mean by blacked out. CI/Gamecentre do blackout games that are broadcast on TV in your area. What that practically means, is that if a game is on TSN/CBC, it wouldn't also appear on CI. Which shouldn't be a big deal for most people.

It's a little bit of an issue for Gamecentre, as you may have access to the Internet, but not the TV broadcast, despite it being on something like TSN/CBC (fortunately, both have online streaming now). Same goes for regional games when in your in the region. (e.g. I'm in the leafs region, when leafs games are on SNet, they are not also on CI -- again not a big deal for CI, maybe an issue for GC).

In the past there was individual games which were not carried on CI, but in the past year or so, they've been pretty good. This past week, the CLB/COL game wasn't broadcast on TV (anywhere), but they did carry the 'jumbotron feed.'
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-17, 09:06 PM

Just checked again with Rogers. They verified I would get the code and said they are due to email out the codes on Oct 21st.
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-18, 09:35 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the additional information. I will look for the code in my email this weekend and if I don't have it then at least I have some information to call Rogers with.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-24, 09:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grostas View Post
I was able to buy NHL Centre Ice by itself for $207.80. I wasn't given a hassle when I asked for it, which suprised me. I was expecting to have to fight with them as I've had to do with them in the past.

I too am now looking for the NHL GameCentre Live promo code and getting nowhere with Rogers. This is frustrating. I've called them but no one I talk to seem to know what I'm talking about.
Grostas,

I was curious about your statement. I would like to subscribe to NHL Centre Ice, but I have NO interest in MLB, NBA or NFL. It drives me nuts that Rogers only offers it in an expensive multi-sports package. Hello Rogers, this is Canada you know ... hockey stands on its own.

You said you were able to subscribe to NHL Centre Ice alone for $207.80. What period of time is that? I don't quite get the pricing. The Super Sports Pak is $32.80 per month. I assume NHL-CI only runs for the season which would be what, 9 months? So that is $295.20 or $333.58 with tax. So is Rogers trying to say that NHL-CI is 2/3rds of the cost of the Super Sports Pak when it includes MLB, NBA and NFL?!?!?!?

Am I getting that right? Is that really the price (approx $23 per month) they are charging if you only want NHL-CI separately? So I guess if I wanted the others separately (i.e. MLB, NBA or NFL) they would only be $2 or $3 per month ...
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-24, 07:26 PM
Veteran

Rogers is giving out NHLGCL live codes for people with SSP subs. I already got mine. For the person who posted that CBC games aren't on GCL your wrong. All HNIC this past weekend were available as part of GCL. I did a 4 way split screen of the 3 HNIC + Det/Was.

CM4228, CM4220HD, Samsung LNT3242H, AccessHD DTA1080D, RCA DTA800, CM7775, Samsung DTB-H260F, Samsung LN40B750
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-24, 09:34 PM
jdf

Tech support advised me to send an email requesting the code to this address.

[email protected]

We shall see in 24-48 hours.
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-25, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdf View Post
Tech support advised me to send an email requesting the code to this address.

[email protected]

We shall see in 24-48 hours.
Last year I was told to email that address as well and after repeated attempts with no reply whatsoever I contacted Rogers Office of the President and they resolved the matter for me.
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-25, 09:12 AM
jdf

Good to know, they have until tomorrow and I will do the same.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 2011-10-25, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doshag View Post
Grostas,

I was curious about your statement. I would like to subscribe to NHL Centre Ice, but I have NO interest in MLB, NBA or NFL. It drives me nuts that Rogers only offers it in an expensive multi-sports package. Hello Rogers, this is Canada you know ... hockey stands on its own.

You said you were able to subscribe to NHL Centre Ice alone for $207.80. What period of time is that? I don't quite get the pricing. The Super Sports Pak is $32.80 per month. I assume NHL-CI only runs for the season which would be what, 9 months? So that is $295.20 or $333.58 with tax. So is Rogers trying to say that NHL-CI is 2/3rds of the cost of the Super Sports Pak when it includes MLB, NBA and NFL?!?!?!?

Am I getting that right? Is that really the price (approx $23 per month) they are charging if you only want NHL-CI separately? So I guess if I wanted the others separately (i.e. MLB, NBA or NFL) they would only be $2 or $3 per month ...
Doshag,

The NHL CI package covers from the pre-season to the end of the regular season, so September to April. It does not cover the playoffs but you can get pretty much all those games on CBC and TSN, with a few US game exceptions.

You can pay for the whole thing up front ($207.80) or you can pay monthly from October to April. I choose to pay up front. BTW, the pre-season is always a free preview. Some years even October was a free preview and they had early-bird discounts (up to 20% off if you ordered before the end of October) but I haven't seen that in a couple of years. Approximately $200 is what NHL CI has always cost and I've had it for the past six years.

What I like is that you don't have to worry about cancelling anything in April when the season is over, whereas with SSP you have to cancel in the spring and resubscribe in the fall, otherwise they will keep charging 12 months a year and I only care about the NHL (go Flyers!), nothing else.

You have to ask Rogers specifically for NHL CI otherwise they will give you SSP. Some years I've had to fight them, to the point where I hung up on a CSR that refused to give me just NHL CI, so I hung up and called again, got someone else and they gave me it! It really depends on who you talk to when you call. This year it was the easiest I've ever had. I called and the CSR didn't even bring up the SSP; he just gave me what I asked for... can you believe that HAHA?! I was shocked considering it was Rogers.

Now I just need the damn NHL GCL code! I haven't received it yet (by email). I will try both the email and call Rogers and see what they say. It's worth the hassle because watching the games online and on my PS3 is great!

As far as your question about pricing, that's a question Rogers but each package separately is about $200 per season as well (MLB, NFL) but when you bundle them up, they give you a (good) deal. I don't like it because like I wrote above, I don't want to pay for months hockey is not on and you end up paying more overall that way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in