PIP on remote - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

PIP on remote

Have a LG Plasma with PIP on it. Just got a Rogers HD PVR system with a atlas rogers DVD/PVR 5-device remote. It has PIP on it but I can't get it to work. You can get PIP on the screen BUT there is only one side that has a picture on it. How do I get the PIP to work so I could swap it...Need help, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-12-30, 08:04 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
The PiP button works for the PVR and you can swap channels there, see two different channels, etc.

Although the LG may have PiP, it's often quite useless in the digital age since you need two sources for the PiP to work and the PiP is often limited to the internal tuner and some other source. Check the operating manual for your TV to see the limits of PiP and how to make it function, but don't expect much.

See the following post, useful for those new to the forum and HDTV - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 01:26 AM

Location: Scarborough; Rogers SA4250HD, Samsung LNT4061, Samsung R160, Samsung HT-TX75 (blew up) -> HT-TWZ515
i have a Samsung LN4061 and the PIP is "useless" also. I wished to have the main source as my HDMI/DVI PC source and then have PIP as the HD TV channels but nope... only analog cable is possible in the PIP... which i don't even have plugged in.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 10:48 AM
Veteran

Guys, I programmed the PIP button on my rogers atlas dvr/pvr-5 remote to control my TV's PIP window. THe pip was only good for watching a different source such as VCR/DVD, or OTA, nothing else. So while PIP worked, and the button on the remote worked, it was not used too often. The trick is your remote is in "Cable" mode, and you want to use the PIP from "TV Mode" you need to re-assign a macro to go to TV mode, press PIP and go back to Cable mode, this can be easily done by studying macros, or by using a JPI cable.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 11:20 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Sounds as though the OP already has the remote controlling the TV since he talks about one side of the TV, while the PiP on the Rogers PVR is a small window that can be moved to one of the 4 corners of the TV.

The reason there is only picture on 1/2 the TV is because the TV PiP has the limitations I, and others, mentioned earlier.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 12:26 PM
Veteran

yeah the tv pip has its limitations, and i would prefer the hd pvr pip instead because it has 3 tuners in it. but if u dont have the hdpvr and wanna use the pip button to control your tvs built in pip then why not, it will still work with limitations.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in