Shaw 2009 New Channels Discussion - Page 37 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #541 of 548 (permalink) Old 2009-12-27, 04:03 AM

Location: Sry/Cloverdale, BC Epson 8350 & 110" Screen... Shaw Gateway & 5 Portals... PS-3 & Harmony One
Crash, maybe if we get those ruby slippers from the Wizzard of Oz... but then who is gonna put them on???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 548 (permalink) Old 2009-12-29, 09:15 PM

Question Music & News

Do you guys think Shaw will ever pick up more music channels, like: BPM TV, MuchMoreRetro, MuchLoud, MuchVibe, PunchMuch? More HD News channels would also be nice to have, such as: FOX News HD, CNN HD, CBC News Network HD, etc.
post #543 of 548 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleRockDays View Post
Do you guys think Shaw will ever pick up more music channels, like: BPM TV, MuchMoreRetro, MuchLoud, MuchVibe, PunchMuch? More HD News channels would also be nice to have, such as: FOX News HD, CNN HD, CBC News Network HD, etc.
no, I don't think so.

post #544 of 548 (permalink) Old 2009-12-31, 12:51 PM

I'm sure they will eventually add some of those HD news channels and they may have to add some music channels (or others) if they are to add the Sundance Channel and W Movies, since they own those and have to abide by the 5 to 1 ratio rule I would assume, no? But they won't likely add any of the Much channels either way.
post #545 of 548 (permalink) Old 2010-01-02, 05:06 AM

Question Shaw) Vancouver

I was going through the Shaw Vancouver channel line up the other day, and I've noticed (due to recent changes) that no channels currently occupy 56 and 59, which are Tier 3 channels. 56 used to be Treehouse, which was moved to channel 43, which bumped the old 43 (WTVS) from Tier 2 to Digital Cable channel 87. It's been a while since channel 59 was a channel. It used to be TV5 a few years a go. So I wonder what 2 (if any) cable channels will fill 56 and 59.

Digital Channels 133, 138, and 140 have also been unoccupied recently for the last couple of months, so I wonder if W Movies, and Sundance Channel Canada will be the new home for these channels this March.
post #546 of 548 (permalink) Old 2010-01-02, 02:18 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleRockDays View Post
I'm a Shaw Direct customer and the channels on Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct are pretty much the same. One exception is that Shaw never carried TV Land and recently yanked it from SD (satellite).

Shaw Direct used to carry Punch but yanked it on May 31, 2007 so don't expect that one ever to come around again.

I have been asking for bpm:tv for years. Shaw should be supporting this Canadian channel which is widely carried over every major cable and satellite provider (except them).

Now that Bell and no doubt Telus Satellite (in the West) is carrying CNN International, CNN HD, TCM, TCM HD, AMC and AMC HD, making the decision to switch from Shaw becomes all that much easier.
post #547 of 548 (permalink) Old 2010-01-03, 12:04 AM

Well, Shaw does offer AMC, AMC HD, & TCM and i'm sure they'll offer TCM HD and CNN HD soon enough. Why is it that as soon as something pops up elsewhere that Shaw doesn't automatically carry, that everyone wants to jump to someone else? Give them some time, they do have to negotiate with those companies for carriage first which could take some time.
post #548 of 548 (permalink) Old 2010-01-03, 03:28 AM
Veteran

Many of the channels mentioned by CastleRockDays have been around for years and many providers have been offering them for years.

There is no other provider which has also dropped so many existing channels.
Closed Thread

Tags
new channels , shaw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in