Shaw Customer Service - good and bad - post comments here - Page 63 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #931 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-08, 08:21 PM

No problem Hyperfocal, happy to help out and come to a resolution you are happy with.

Shaw Employee, Opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-08, 08:38 PM

Shaw Champ to the rescue.

Happy to hear it was dealt with to your liking Hyperfocal.
post #933 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-08, 09:29 PM

Question communication breakdown

thanks to shaw for getting me a decent deal back in april but getting the correct codes and service from many different reps etc has been a nightmare.

There are so many notes etc on my account I think

Currently on this current call with shaw tech and sales 39minutes. Mostly on hold.

I sure wish someone new what was happening.

Sorry I am just extremely frustrated getting shuffled around from tech to sales to tech to sales trying to do tech job etc.

Optik PVR, Pioneer 1528-K, 58" Panasonic 3D TV, Xbox360, PS3, Panasonic 3D Bluray Player, Definitive Speakers, SVS Sub

post #934 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 03:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw Champ View Post
Hyperfocal, I want to help you out. Sorry for your experience. If you can message me your details that would be great.
I would hope so at $2,000/year!!!!
post #935 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-09, 09:08 PM

I've got to say the twitter-based support has been fantastic. Kudos.

Edit: As soon as I post that, they stop tweeting back. It's now been 49 minutes with just 1 tweet reply.

Last edited by Veinless; 2012-08-09 at 09:41 PM. Reason: ^^^^^^
post #936 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-10, 01:34 PM

@Veinless - did you get everything sorted out okay?

Sean - Shaw Community Manager
Official Shaw Employee on Digital Home
post #937 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-11, 07:31 PM
Veteran

I tried Shaw Chat yesterday to change my service, moving from BB50 to BB20 and changing my tv package. I had the occasion to deal with Ray who was very patient with me as I guess i hadn't really done my homework on what was available and all I wanted was to get some of the Classic channels back (formerly Tier 3). Ray pointed out to me that I didn't use the internet enough to warrant BB50 and that by switching to the Premiere package, I'd get more channels and save money to boot. But by switching to BB20, i lost my online chat. Ray followed up with a phone call to confirm that all the changes had gone through. Thanks again Ray!
post #938 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-08-14, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawsean View Post
@Veinless - did you get everything sorted out okay?
Sure did. I think I caught the twitter team at shift change and got lost in the shuffle. Things eventually got cleared up though, all is well.
post #939 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-11-30, 03:57 PM

Something Funny

Got a laugh out of this. Thought I would share it.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service
post #940 of 943 (permalink) Old 2012-12-21, 02:17 AM
Rookie

Shaw still sucks, I am beyond frustrated! www.shawsucks.com

Shaw still sucks, I am beyond frustrated! www.shawsucks.com
post #941 of 943 (permalink) Old 2013-02-04, 08:44 PM
Rookie

Angry Disappointed in Lilloeet

When I moved from Mission, BC to Lillooet, of course I wanted to take my Shaw with me. So I called 3 weeks before the move and arranged a July 3rd install. I was offered a comparable package to what I had in the Lower Mainland, the only problem was that my current Shaw box could not be used in Lillooet. Shaw would give me a free box (great!!!) and it would be compatible with the 1TB expander I had bought from Shaw earlier. All is OK sofar but that quickly changes when the install happens.

Turns out I was sold a channel lineup that is not available here. The differences are huge, Only 26 HD vs the 42 HD I was sold. None of the Vancouver stations are HD, no Oasis HD or CNN HD or H&G and some others we always watched. Then it turns out the 1TB expander is not compatible with the system here either, although Shaw claims it is compatible with the 6416-3 cable box they gave me. So now I only have 160GB. To add insult to injury, the Standard Definition quality is, to put it mildly, terrible. SD looks fine directly into my TV, but through the box it looks terrible. Shaw tells me this is normal. They also tell me to accept the channel lineup as is, doubled my bill from the earlier promotion, and refuse to swap out my box to improve SD, that I am now stuck with. I also cannot use any VOD (no incoming fibre, just a couple of ancient satellite dishes here). I am beyond frustrated but plan to see this through. The price I am being charged for what I get is outrageous. I have been misled, lied to and treated as if I have no clue. I have 25 years of professional video experience and I do know what SD should look like, even on a widescreen set. It looks like very heavy MPEG compression with bearding artifacts and lots of ringing in the image to the point where I cannot read text.

I have talked to half a dozen call center employees, non of which understand that the Lillooet system is a Satellite head end system rather than a fibre optic one. I have gone the online feedback route with no satisfaction either, just more runaround. All I want is someone who understands and is prepared to help with a solution. If the package I have now is the best I can do, surely there is room to compromise? For reference I pay 129.81 for Extreme Internet Basic Cable and HD Plus for a total of 26HD and 37SD channels. My kids in the LM pay less for a much better package including home phone, standard cable +HD and the movie channels.

... end of rant, but I still don't feel better

Frank
post #942 of 943 (permalink) Old 2015-12-07, 01:48 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down Shaw Website

First I have the utmost sympathy for the Shaw CSR that have to answer some of the calls surrounding the horrible MyAccount interface on the Shaw website! This has to be the most useless MyAccount interface on any internet provider! I can never tell what services i have on my bundle.. the level of frustration is huge and I always end up calling CSR to get the information that the MyAccount profile fails big time to give me! Therefore defeating the whole purpose of MyAccount profile on Shaw website! If I have to call the CSR your website is useless!!! Shaw needs to understand that some customers just want to find out what their current services are that they are getting billed for and thats it! Stop trying to bombard us with up-selling stuff to the point that it becomes so dominate on the MyAccount interface that it makes the client never wish to look at the MyAccount interface ever again!
zttztt likes this.
post #943 of 943 (permalink) Old 2015-12-18, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
This thread is for folks to post good stories and bad about Shaw Cable Customer Service.

If your posting a bad post, then at least try to post what knowledge is lacking and how the company might improve service rather than calling CSR's useless or idiots.

Remember CSR's are human too and sometimes they don't have all the answers
just moved tryed to change my account # - noway try ed to open a new account but no matter how complex the password (0ver 30 charactors meeting there requierments) seys too weak. phoned 24/7/365 nobody there says call back later. just trying to pay my bill, guess thay like to got the user intrest too. old phone # and new phone # both don't exist to them.

Tags
bill , customer service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in