Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Shaw Cable Free Preview Channels

263K views 531 replies 79 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Showcase went on preview before Christmas. Shaw Direct says their preview ends Jan. 7, so Shaw Cable is probably the same. That's why I didn't mention it in my last post.

Sasktel has the Fight Network on preview Jan 1 - Mar 31, so Shaw may be the same.

#7 ·
Enjoy a free preview of ARTV
until January 13, 2013
As Canada's only French-language arts and entertainment specialty channel, ARTV serves up film, music, comedy, drama series, celebrity interviews and more.

Free preview of Rewind
until January 31, 2013
From The Godfather to Titanic, the 70s, 80s and 90s brought us some of the greatest films of all time. Blockbusters like Jaws, Star Wars and Superman. Teen comedies like Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club. Computer-generated effects in movies like Terminator 2 and Toy Story. Superstars from Robert DeNiro and Jack Nicholson to Richard Gere, Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts were born. These are your movies. This is your channel.

Watch the best of the West
WHL hockey plays on channel 303 and Shaw TV. Catch all of the goals, hits and plays today.

Free preview of Oasis HD
until January 31, 2013
Oasis HD is a nature-themed channel airing programming on a wide variety of topics from animals to landscapes to outer space. Watch the free preview from now until January 31, 2013.

Free preview of Prise 2
until January 13, 2013
Prise 2 features French language versions of classic television series and movies from Quebec and the United States. Watch the free preview from now until January 13, 2013.

Free preview of Yoopa
until January 13, 2013
Yoopa is a French language channel offering educational and rewarding programming to preschoolers, aged 2 to 6. Watch the free preview from now until January 13, 2013.

#14 ·
Many thanks Shaw Champ for the heads up on free previews for Feb. I was just about to subscribe to H2 so this will give me a month to check things out. Now that the current History Channel is no longer showing any programming remotely connected to History I was hoping for some alternative. History Canada needs to change their name to properly reflect their content. I would suggest the Pawn Show Channel as that is the only thing they ever show these days. Travel and Escape is always a nice channel to watch and they seem to offer free preview quite often.

#15 ·
Here're some free-preview from Shaw's webpage:

Teletoon is on free preview until April 3 (nope, not today in my box)

Teletoon Retro is free on free preview until April 3 (Are you talking about the English or the French one? The English one is already on the Basic Tires no matter your plan is the grandfathered digital TV plan or the resent Personal TV plan. And nope, not today in my box on Teletoon Retro French)

VRAK.TV is on free preview until March 15(Nope, this channel is not avaliable in Vancouver.)

Yoopa is on free preview until March 15(yeah, this is now watchable)

#16 ·
One more free-preview news from Shaw's website:
Slice: free until March 31.(Yeah, this is now watchable for me.)

P.S. The free preview of Teletoon notice is removed, and it's still unclear if the free preview of teletoon retro is only for the English version -- which is now on the basic tier of both digital TV and Personal Plan (at least in Vancouver)-- or is it also free for the French Version, but right now, the French Version of Teletoon Retro is still unwatchable for me.

#17 ·
Hi All here is a list of our current or forthcoming scheduled previews:

FX Canada February 28th, 2013 - March 28th, 2013
Slice February 25th, 2013 - March 31st, 2013
EWTN February 26th, 2013 - April 30th, 2013

Zee TV Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - February 20, 2013 - June 4, 2013
Zee TV Kelowna, Victoria, Winnipeg February 28, 2013 - June 4, 2013
Travel + Escape February 1, 2013 - March 31, 2013
H2 February 1, 2013 - February 28, 2013
Yoopa Until March 15, 2013
Teletoon, Teletoon Retro Until April 3, 2013

*Availability of previews are subject to availability by area

#19 ·
Not sure what's up with Teletoon Retro as I've received it for the past 5 years just by subscribing to (old package) digital basic. From what I understood at the time it was one of the channels you automatically received by switching from analog cable (no cable box required) to digital cable. So, me too, I am confused about it's free preview. Unless they are taking it away after that.

#22 ·
Here are the list of free preview right now: (some expiry date are ref. from other BDU, channel number shown is for Metro Vancouver only, check your EPG for the channel number in your area)

Free Preview until March 15:
907 - Yoopa

Free Preview until March 28:
156(267) - FX Canada

Free Preview until March 31: (Apr 1/2 for some channel(s))
40(273) - Bravo
41 - Slice
51/90(273) - Family
92 - Disney Junior
115(246) - Disney XD
130 - Travel + Escape
149 - The Fighting Network
152 - World Fishing Network

Free Preview until April 30:
104 - Bite
167 - Eternal Word Television Network

Free Preview until June 4:
537 - Zee TV Canada

Free Previewing (expiry date unknown):
88 - E!

Claimed to be on free Preview but not in my Cable Box:
50 - Teletoon
909 - Télétoon Rétro

Claimed to be on free Preview but it's already on digital Basic/SPP:
91 - Teletoon Retro

#26 ·
as of last night i am still getting H2 as well and i have no idea why. As far as i can see it is not part of any package i have. Currently have premier tv and best of HD and i added DIY network. Discovery Science and Discovery world. Not complaining mind you, would probably have added it (H2) when the freeview ended.